How do I turn off the pedometer?

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Sounds simple right? I used it a week ago and it wasn't obvious to me how to turn it off so I just paused it and went on my way. Now it's a week later and I keep getting a notification that I haven't used my pedometer in a week. I'm sure I could turn notifications off through S-Health but I'd rather there just be no notification in the first place.

So what am I missing here?

BTW this is why I love my Nexus 7 Tablet. Never once have I had to deal with manufacturer baked in apps that work in there own way.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
If you do not want to use the app anymore just disable it and it will never launch again. You can disable most of the Samsung installed apps from the settings>Applications Manager list.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I removed the pedometer from my lock screen and cleared the logs from within the S-health app. That seems to have done the trick.

I wouldn't want to disable the entire S-health suite over the pedometer. Sometimes disabling apps that are baked in to the overlay (touchwiz) can be a bad thing. Because there is an option under "lock screen" in settings to display the pedometer on the lock screen I'm going to let the app run. Not that I actually know that there will be an issue with disabling it, but untill I need to do that I'll leave it alone.

OverLordOfYou

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Go into the health app and go to settings. Once in settings you'll see notification and just uncheck it. Nothing will pop up after that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton