None of the smart features are not working for me.

rustum

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I am testing out these smart features. It is my first phone with this functionality.
Smart stay : I can see eye symbol pop up in notification area but phone still makes screen dim followed by phone lock.
Smart pause: This button is grayed out for my ATT phone. Not sure how to enable it.
Smart scroll: Enable this function with head movement. Nothing happens when i move head up and down.
Is something wrong with my phone. Front camera seems to be working fine.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Not available on all models of the S5, depends on which carrier you are with.

ie, it is not on my Verizon and don't miss it at all.

To me, that is fraught with too much miscues

novasquid

May 5, 2014
Visit site
smart pause: you have to go into settings>motions and gestures>mute/pause. turn it on, then smart pause is available.

smart scroll: in the screen where you enable it, in the speed option you can also test it out. if it works there, then you know it works. i assume certain apps don't work with it if it's not working. i tried chrome and a bunch of other apps, and couldn't get any to work with it outside of the test screen.

smart stay: never tried it.

hope that helps.

rustum

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help AZgl1500 and novasquid,
I will try switching these options. I tested out smart scroll using chrome. I will try using other screens. Smart stay is not working for me. I can see a eye symbol pop up and still screen dims out and eventually locks out.

Thanks

novasquid

May 5, 2014
Visit site
i tested smart stay on my att s5, and it seems to work for me. i set screen timeout to 15 seconds, and every 10 seconds i'd see the eye icon on the status bar flash for a second or so. and the screen stayed on for several minutes.

i think the ambient light may play a big factor also. i'm in a brightly lit room with a lot of indirect sunlight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae