Headache with MP3, MP3 tags, and SD cards...

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
This makes me miss the iPhone, where editing music and tags and such were so simple as to use iTunes.

My tags (album names, artists, etc) won't edit or save on my music within my SD card. It shows perfectly fine on my laptop, computer, and iPod. Yet, simple things like merging albums together, renaming artists from "the" to "The" will not show on my Galaxy.

What can I do to edit the metadata on my phone...? I'm getting a headache and it's been 2 hours trying to screw with this thing.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This makes me miss the iPhone, where editing music and tags and such were so simple as to use iTunes.

My tags (album names, artists, etc) won't edit or save on my music within my SD card. It shows perfectly fine on my laptop, computer, and iPod. Yet, simple things like merging albums together, renaming artists from "the" to "The" will not show on my Galaxy.

What can I do to edit the metadata on my phone...? I'm getting a headache and it's been 2 hours trying to screw with this thing.

I use the paid version of Rocket Player as my media player. It's available thru the play store. I'm not having any of the issues you speak of. I, of course, formatted my card and I have loaded 50 gigs or so of music from an external hard drive. I do not use iTunes to store my music. It's awful intrusive in deciding if it will play it... I've had iTunes tell me that my 30 year old cd is pirated music and won't play it..
Rocket player plays all formats including .FLAC, which I love..
Try formatting your card and starting over... Maybe actually physically removing your sd card and loading your music onto it that way... Always more than one way to skin a cat..

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello OJsakila,

I'm just trying to edit metadata like Album Name, Artist, and the such, and basically, it won't.. "save" the text I input. For example, I want to change the album artist like "the Fray" to "The Fray" and it will remain uncapitalized. This is just a minor nuisance compared to things like "Unknown Album" or blank.

I have tried reformatting the card, and I load my music from dragging and dropping them via laptop to SD card via SD card adapter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax