Galaxy S5 Photo Upload Quality

Jordan0276

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I know this is a known problem with the s4 and now the s5 but i cant find any information on it other than its a problem.

My pictures on my Galaxy S5 look great but whenever i try to upload them they lose a HUGE ammount of quality. This happens when uploading photos to anything such as facebook, instagram, whatsapp or just regular text messaging.

What can i do to fix this in any way because i dont really seem the point of having a really nice camera if you cant share your photos. It pisses me off that my iPhone 5 friends send me pictures through whatsapp or post them on facebook in perfect quality then think their camera is waaayyy better because when i post mine the quality degrades tremendously.

And ive heard the argument that texting degrades all photos but ive gotten pictures from iphone users that looked great then when i send mine the quality degrades. I can also send and recieve great quality pictures through text messaging with my friend who also has an S5.

Ive tried transfering them directly to my computer then posting on facebook and they still lose quality. Is there any type of fix to this? If not then i dont see how anyone thinks the S5 camera is better than the iphones when you cant even share your s5 pictures any way other than email. If this problem isnt fixed by the time the iphone 6 comes out then im switching over.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's just a fact of life man! Uploading huge photos uses a lot of data, and the carriers put a stop to it!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't use facebook, instagram, whatsapp so can't comment with experience there.

With the regular OEM text apps, the file compression is so severe that it really degrades the image quality.

I disabled both Messages and Messages+ and installed Go SMS Pro which does MMS without degradation.

A bonus on that app is it will query the recipient's phone to see if it can handle large MMS images. If it can't, it will upload the large image to a file host and provide the recipient a link to download/view that image.

You will get better results though if you use WiFi to upload all of your stuff.

guess I ought to log into Facebook with my phone and try to upload a picture and see what happens for my effort.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma