Galaxy S5 Water Damage - Sprint

testtestruss

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
So couple of days ago it was raining, I was pulling the phone out of my pocket, dropped it in a puddle, half of the back cover got unstitched and later that day anything dealing with sound stopped working including any microphone input, calls, or back speaker all became not functional. I put the phone in a bag of rice without the battery, left it over night and the issue still persisted.

I don't believe I bought an insurance for the phone when I bought it last month, and I know for sure that I can't call the warranty on a water damaged phone. So considering that my carrier is sprint, what would be the cheapest way for me to get my S5 back to a functioning state again?

Thanks for any help.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
You could call Sprint and see what other options you have. Otherwise you can also contact Samsung Support. Even though water damage is not covered under warranty, I'm sure they will replace your device if something is wrong, but with the cost.

I'm sure you can take it to the Best Buy and visit the Samsung Kiosk and see if they can help you out as well.

LJ Washington

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
So sorry to hear this on your new phone. We are all at risk of the same exact thing.
I don't believe you have a chance since you have no insurance. But I am very interested in the outcome please keep us informed.

peteypab2133

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Power button + volume up for 8-10 seconds should work . Click reset device using the volume up and down keys

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
So couple of days ago it was raining, I was pulling the phone out of my pocket, dropped it in a puddle, half of the back cover got unstitched and later that day anything dealing with sound stopped working including any microphone input, calls, or back speaker all became not functional. I put the phone in a bag of rice without the battery, left it over night and the issue still persisted.

I don't believe I bought an insurance for the phone when I bought it last month, and I know for sure that I can't call the warranty on a water damaged phone. So considering that my carrier is sprint, what would be the cheapest way for me to get my S5 back to a functioning state again?

Thanks for any help.

I know Radio Shack repairs mobile devices. Below is the link:

Fix It Mobile Device Repair - - RadioShack.com

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance