T-Mobile, what gives?

Raveneo

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So I have S5 & a cracked screen s3.
On the s5, I've had HORRENDOUS download speed, in general (even with the so called LTE network in place on the S5.
I used both phones to download the same exact file, on the s5 it barely got to 100kbs.
Turning on the WiFi hotspot on the s5, connecting the s3 to it, then downloading the same file, I got over 2MBs....
What's going on? Is this a KitKat issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
So I have S5 & a cracked screen s3.
On the s5, I've had HORRENDOUS download speed, in general (even with the so called LTE network in place on the S5.
I used both phones to download the same exact file, on the s5 it barely got to 100kbs.
Turning on the WiFi hotspot on the s5, connecting the s3 to it, then downloading the same file, I got over 2MBs....
What's going on? Is this a KitKat issue?

Sounds like your carrier's data speed is slow. It's not the S5 or the Android operating system.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have unlimited data? If not are you over your limit? Tmobile will throttle data speed if you don't have unlimited data and over your data for the remainder of the cycle.

Raveneo

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I do have unlimited data which is really starting to bug me... I doubt it's throttling, I've experienced that in the past with the s3, makes the phone almost not usuable.
Another thing that's been happening randomly too is that I can't send text messages for a period of time... Usually a restart will fix that. Even so, am I really the only one that has been having these issues?
I guess a call to T-Mobile is in order...

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I do have unlimited data which is really starting to bug me... I doubt it's throttling, I've experienced that in the past with the s3, makes the phone almost not usuable.
Another thing that's been happening randomly too is that I can't send text messages for a period of time... Usually a restart will fix that. Even so, am I really the only one that has been having these issues?
I guess a call to T-Mobile is in order...

There's an update out for it all you need to do is do a Google search

Posted via At&t SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie