Brian Sharp

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
New to this forum so please forgive me if this topic has been beat to death...lol. How in Hades can I get the Picasa album off my phone? (s5) I have stopped the sync but the album bugs me to death...a little OCD about things. Thank You!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Picasa album are you referring to, and which app are you noticing it in? Is it the stock Gallery app, the Google Photos app, or some Samsung Gallery app?

Picasa was folded into Google+, so any Picasa albums are from your Google+ albums. If there are any albums you want to get rid of, you may need to go to Google+ on the web, select the Photos area, and delete the album there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a suspicion of what's going on. When you go into Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], there are two different photo syncs you can uncheck--Google Photos and Google+ Photos. Not confusing at all, right? Google Photos (the one without the plus sign) syncs your Google+/Picasa albums with the stock Gallery app (or in your case, probably the Samsung Gallery). It might actually be called Picasa instead of Google Photos in that list. Google+ Photos syncs your Google+/Picasa albums with the Google+-integrated Photos app.

You can't delete cloud albums using the stock Gallery app, but you can do so with the Google+ Photos app. What you might have done was uncheck the wrong photos selection, such that the stock Gallery was still syncing your cloud albums, and you're unable to delete those albums on your phone because the stock Gallery doesn't allow you to delete cloud albums.

Is any of that right?