smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
How can the alarm work if the phone is off? Unless the phone is in some deep sleep, I don't see how it would work with the phone completely off

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
How can the alarm work if the phone is off? Unless the phone is in some deep sleep, I don't see how it would work with the phone completely off

Just did a quick test, alarm doesn't function unless phone is on, camera won't work either....and I can't get emails or other notifications if off...should I exchange this phone?

L O L

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe he meant does the screen have to be on. No, the screen doesn't have to be on. The phone's POWER has to be on, but I'm sure he knew that :)

bgask1717

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry used to have a feature that would turn your phone on from an off status and play your alarm.

I'm giving the OP the benefit of the doubt that he/she was hoping for something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a nokia phone (not wp, but gold old nokia) and it actually did had alarm that worked even when phone was off, so his question is valid.
First thing I did when i got my wp phone was to check if there's 'offline alarm' there - there isnt.

But having S5 with its decent battery life I don't think I'll have to ever worrying about it discharging over the night.

puremeerkat

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
The S5 alarm doesn't go off if the device is off. For those other devices that do have this feature, is the device really ever "off"? If it can turn itself back on that it never was completely off, more like hibernating.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance