08-21-2014 04:09 PM
34 12
tools
    I use speakerphone all the time in the car when I am to lazy (or forget) to turn on my bluetooth. Never had a complaint. I am on Verizon and haven't experienced the crackling you did. Just a question though, do you have Voice Privacy turned on by chance? I have turned my off, because I have read it causes sound quality issues especially with speaker phone and bluetooth.

Attachment 123811
    She may have had that on if memory serves me correctly. I think I tried toggling it (I dug through settings to see if there was something) and don't remember anything helping much.. But can't say for certain. .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    06-17-2014 08:54 AM
    My speaker phone works ok (on Sprint) and no cracking, but hard to hear. But it can be hard for me to hear sometimes since it seems to be coming from the rear and I'm facing my phone towards me. I wish there was a small speaker on the front facing me, I think I would be able to hear it much better!

Posted via Android Central App
    06-17-2014 10:15 AM
    I'm happy with my S5 speakerphone and I recently came from iphone 4s, both on Verizon.

Sent through Verizon from my Samsung Galaxy S5
    06-17-2014 11:23 AM
    I thought Voice Privacy had something to do with enhanced encryption, but maybe you're right so I unchecked that. I also unchecked the box on Noise Reduction in the same section. Maybe that's why the person on the other end doesn't hear me as well as my old iphone. I have to say that even though this is an annoyance, I still prefer this phone over the iphone for the simple fact that I can drag and drop my music. I know, it's outdated to not be on some sort of cloud method, but I like to own my music and be able to make edits.
    06-19-2014 08:50 PM
    I too just got an S5 and LOVE it except for the voice quality of the speakerphone. I always use the speaker when talking on the phone and my S3 was pretty clear. Moving to the S5, I definitely noticed that the speakerphone was muffled. A lot of my friends were telling me it wasn't real clear.

So...after reading some suggestions here, I played around with the call settings. I changed from "Adapt Sound" to "Clear" and unchecked both the Voice Privacy box and the Noise Reduction box and voila - problem solved. Speaker is much clearer.

FYI, I have Sprint.
    08-03-2014 03:34 PM
    I too just got an S5 and LOVE it except for the voice quality of the speakerphone. I always use the speaker when talking on the phone and my S3 was pretty clear. Moving to the S5, I definitely noticed that the speakerphone was muffled. A lot of my friends were telling me it wasn't real clear.

So...after reading some suggestions here, I played around with the call settings. I changed from "Adapt Sound" to "Clear" and unchecked both the Voice Privacy box and the Noise Reduction box and voila - problem solved. Speaker is much clearer.

FYI, I have Sprint.
    I have tmobile. I dont see the Adapt Sound or Voice privacy?

Did you get this under Sound, Call Settings?

Posted via Android Central App
    08-03-2014 04:48 PM
    The water resistance cover is what makes it not as good as the s4

Posted via At&t SAMSUNG GALAXY S5
    08-03-2014 07:18 PM
    Yes, it is under "Call Settings." I've tinkered a bit and called my work phone with my S5 set at different settings. After about 10 different phone calls, the speakerphone sounds the best (IMO) as follows: under "personalize call sound" I have it set to Adapt Sound; the Noise Reduction box is unchecked; and the Voice Privacy box is unchecked. Speakerphone actually sounds pretty good under these settings. I'll try and post a pic soon.
    08-21-2014 04:01 PM
    08-21-2014 04:09 PM
34 12