11-15-2017 08:16 AM
39 12
tools
    this happend even when I turned off my Settings > Device > Software Update > Auto Update un-checked.
    Update on wi-fi was checked.
    08-14-2015 11:33 PM
    An easy and temporary way to stop the "Software Update" from doing it's work and upgrading the system without regard for you, is to let it start and immediately remove the battery. After replacing the battery it will report a failure and direct you to the Samsung network to do it manually and then leave you be for a little while. I've done this twice so far because I'm happy with my current version. The new version removes the menu button in older programs that require it. (recent key long press)

The permanent solution is to root the phone and remove the program completely, or this routine will happen in month + intervals. It sucks, I admit. These nasty updates that do little more than reinstall Samsung programs that make Addware look tame. No thank you, Samsung. Samsung makes good hardware, but the software makes me want to break it over their heads!
    09-01-2015 12:15 PM
    my S4 did not show the option of software update via wifi or mob data
    how i selected it?
    it only show ur system upto-dated
    11-29-2015 08:11 AM
    my S4 did not show the option of software update via wifi or mob data
    how i selected it?
    it only show ur system upto-dated
    Hello and welcome to Android Central faisalzahid!

Which model of Samsung Galaxy S4 do you have?

Settings > About device > Model number
    11-29-2015 08:36 AM
    I have a s7 edge. I found a way to do it. Go to settings > personal > other security settings > security policy updates. There you can choose to choose to turn on and off automatic updates and WiFi only updates.
    07-30-2016 09:46 PM
    I also have galaxy s5 and i update my android after the update comes again and again and again.when i went to running apps i can't stop it.
    then i off the wifi and turn it on again.i did it again and again for sometime,then it stopped updating, it is simple.
    08-07-2016 03:32 AM
    How to turn off automatic system software update on my samsung galaxy s4 model no: SPH-L720T?

Hello and welcome to Android Central faisalzahid!

Which model of Samsung Galaxy S4 do you have?

Settings > About device > Model number
    model no: SPH-L720T
    09-08-2016 04:58 AM
    model no: SPH-L720T
    You have the carrier branded minority variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 for the U.S. carrier, Sprint. I have asked our friendly and helpful Mods to move your post to the Galaxy S4 forums where you should receive more help from owners of your model.
    09-08-2016 05:32 AM
    I will give you a reason, my phone started a software update today while I was at home. It didn't ask, it displayed a message to the affect, software update in progress, do not turn off your phone. So I leave the house because I have an appointment and ******* thing keeps updating and using my data. There should be a setting, like on a pc, in which you can tell the phone to update during hours when you are asleep. I mean really it is common sense, unless you are a developer!!!
    11-26-2016 03:27 PM
    I will give you a reason, my phone started a software update today while I was at home. It didn't ask, it displayed a message to the affect, software update in progress, do not turn off your phone. So I leave the house because I have an appointment and ******* thing keeps updating and using my data. There should be a setting, like on a pc, in which you can tell the phone to update during hours when you are asleep. I mean really it is common sense, unless you are a developer!!!
    Hello and welcome to Android Central meinnoco!

Which of the 42 models of Galaxy S5 do you have?
    11-26-2016 05:03 PM
    This feature has been removed on non Samsung, "clone", firmwares, (see #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide), and unless you are rooted there is no way to refuse or stop the OTA, (Over The Air), update being forced on your phone by your carrier.
    I'd do that if updates didn't move its location.

I know the general good things about updates, but why do they change the basic locations of options? What good does it do moving "Applications manager" and changing its name to "Apps" and most importantly just moving its location?

How is that good for anyone?

I liked changing the screen color with one move to find the changer. Now it's two with the first one having to be in a 1 cm spot?

Why?
    05-12-2017 12:58 AM
    Solution if rooted:

Disable the system application: SDM
    06-06-2017 05:12 PM
    Looks like dev options have system update on/off, testing it now...recent software updating every couple days is too annoying...i was just walking with my phone out in open totally depending on it and it forced me to stop my activity into restart and slooow update process, even there was no wifi around. If it would at least wait for wifi as i do have it set to and let me do update when i want to later like MS OS, then np, but this is WAY to intrusive now
    10-03-2017 03:16 PM
    1- settings
    2- about my ( tablet,phone, etc ) what ever that fck you have...
    3- software information
    4- build number ( click 5-10 times ), until it says YOUR IN DEVELOPER MODE
    5- go back to settings you should have a new option, DEVELOPER MODE
    6- click DEVELOPER MODE
    7- look for AUTO UPDATE, turn off.......

IF IT WORKS FOR ME IT SHOULD FOR YOU......
    11-15-2017 08:16 AM
39 12