Galaxy S5: The Samsung Music Player App is Awful.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
And I don't finer Poweramp to be much better. Is it so hard to make something intuitive? I don't like apple but every iPod I've had has been much much better for music. Can anyone recommend a good music app that doesnt make the music even quieter than it already is on this phone (which poweramp does)

I love this phone but the music output at 0.8 watts is pathetic.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried sound adapt? It's a mode where it calibrates your earphone to make it sound the best. It shows you how to do it on youtube.

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Its posts like this that keep me from trading my M8 for an S5...

Posted via Android Central App

Well, you shouldn't expect anything else, people who are happy with their phone usually don't go browsing the forums and posting about how much they love it, they just.. use it.
Meanwhile, you see complaints here and the like to find solutions to make [us] happy with our phone.

samwapp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, you shouldn't expect anything else, people who are happy with their phone usually don't go browsing the forums and posting about how much they love it, they just.. use it.
Meanwhile, you see complaints here and the like to find solutions to make [us] happy with our phone.

Basically. I've had mine for a month and I love it

Posted via Android Central App

Iroxusux

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I use Poweramp (you have to buy it, after a 30 day trial. It has a full EQ board and the UI is really nice, including the widget)

call4repair

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was awful too. then i started using it and got use to it. NOW I LOVE IT way more then google play.
i primarily use mp3's on a sd card so i suppose if you are use to streaming music through google play then it would be missing some features. i find the music by samsung is quicker to respond and easier to navigate. also you can use voice controls to pause play next previous. also if you set up your settings you can change the song by waving your hand over it. there is another setting that pauses it if you flip it over... useful when you need to talk to someone quickly. if anyone complains about this app i recommend they try it out awhile first and use all the features it has to offer before making up there mind.

as i said i hated it when i first used it too. :cool:

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I still hate it. The interface is OK but audio skips when playing over Bluetooth (not as bad as Poweramp though) and it's a resource hog. My S5's battery drains almost twice as fast when using the Samsung app over Google Play Music. I can start a song during my 8 minute commute and my battery is down from 100% to 95% by the time I get to work (playing audio over Bluetooth). It doesn't move, at all, when using Google Play Music. Couple that with Google's $10/month service and it's hard to beat. No more scouring seedy corners of the internet to get an album, no more paying $15 per album, and I can download all the songs I want for offline playback.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't use it much as I use spotify, but the sound adapt feature in the music player is pretty cool. It makes the music louder depending on how you set it up. I do wish the sound was more puncher and louder in general like the m8 and iphone, but I think it's usable on the s5.

For spotify, I like how you can use the phone's eq features.

call4repair

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I still hate it. The interface is OK but audio skips when playing over Bluetooth (not as bad as Poweramp though) and it's a resource hog. My S5's battery drains almost twice as fast when using the Samsung app over Google Play Music. I can start a song during my 8 minute commute and my battery is down from 100% to 95% by the time I get to work (playing audio over Bluetooth). It doesn't move, at all, when using Google Play Music. Couple that with Google's $10/month service and it's hard to beat. No more scouring seedy corners of the internet to get an album, no more paying $15 per album, and I can download all the songs I want for offline playback.

i expeirienced this skipping issue on other phones using the google play via bluetooth like th droid max and iphones but... it never occurred to me this could be a software issue.. tell me more .. could it be bad soft controlling the bluetooth or hardware or just the music playing app --=-=-very curious now

btw:never had issues on s5 with it but never used google play with bluetooth only samsung music

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I use it everyday it's easy to play local music on it

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I use player pro. I love it. No problems and the quality is just as good as an ipod/iphone. I also prefer the look and feel of the app to that on the iPhone.

Posted from my nexus 7 2013

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63