Just got the New Galaxy s5 Active

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
FedEx just dropped it off. I have pulled it out of the box and waiting on the battery to fully charge before I pull the sim out of my current s5 and put it in the s5 Active. The phone is quite heavier in my hand AND the rear camera has been changed by design so that it is not glass flat on the rear...it has "bumpers" and an edge around the camera lens itself so that the glass doesn't actually touch a surface if you lay it on it's back. This in addition to the bumpers on the four corners of the device itself.
image.jpg

Just the change in camera design is ONE THOUSAND TIMES MORE DURABLE THAN BEFORE. I feel quite confident about this device. It appears to be a tank by comparison in my hand.
image.jpg

Now I'll sell my pristine white s5 on craigslist for two and a half bills at least..

Last edited:

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You'll be happy. I can hardly wait to get this battery charged up.. It is very solid feeling in my hand

...AND I have the day off... Lol..

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You'll be happy. I can hardly wait to get this battery charged up.. It is very solid feeling in my hand

...AND I have the day off... Lol..

I hope so, as this is my first Android device. I've been using webOS for 4 years and Palm OS before that.

- - - Updated - - -

Same specs with the exception of no finger print scanner.

mkchillin

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I plan on getting this this summer once I save up from my job, I'll be upgrading from the S4. I was originally thinking of getting the S5 so can you describe the differences between the two and tell us which one you like more?

I've heard the Active is thinner than the S5 and its screen is bigger and sharper. Above all, please tell us how the phone feels in the hand. I'm curious about those side bumpers. Also, the battery is removable right?

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
who offers the active? i mean if i had know about this i would've waited. I like the look of the buttons better and im sure i'de like the feel too instead of trying to make sure i hit the right ones when nothing is showing.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It's only on att right now. Exact same specs..same screen size and resolution... Same 16mp camera... No difference except the physical buttons in place of the fingerprint scanner and then the rugged design and finally the main difference (IMO) is the redesign of the rear main camera so that it's not so fragile...

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
400 for the active :)

Thanks for sharing the info. Please continue giving us your thoughts/observations on this phone.
I placed my order a few days ago, but att didn't make any progress so I canceled it. Will pickup one in store this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My active is sitting on my doorstep as we speak. Why are all the reviews saying this phone is a bit snappier than the stock S5? do you notice any differences in performance?

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about snappier, but I did see side-by-side videos taken by S5 and S5 Active and it sure seemed like the active had better image stabilization.

Joseph Bozzo

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Apparently the Active has the same battery, but better battery life, according to the Specs that I found on the AT&T website and in random reviews. Can anyone confirm this or hypothesize why? Same processor and everything, no idea why the phone would run more efficiently, on the order of several hours.

My 14-day period of getting the S5 ends TOMORROW and I can return it and get the Active just by paying the restocking fee. Is it worth it? I have 24 hours to decide... Not sure if it will be easy to find a case for the Active. It's already hard enough to track down S5 products. Also, the fingerprint scanner is cool, and I feel like the phone weight will be noticeably different.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Not to get off topic but OP you really sold you S5 for $300? That's generous, when you could've easily got $500 for it.

Anyways, just wanted to say I'm really loving this Active after watching pocketnow's unboxing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12