Is Waze the best traffic/navigation app? If not what is?

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
waze is great and I think google added waze traffic info into google maps i believe....google bought waze awhile back.

Kel M

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I use Google maps most of the time. Waze is great too but don't like the graffics on it.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

slb21

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Someone suggested that to me and so far I am loving it but just curious if there is anything else better

I use a bunch...Google Maps, Waze, AAA and Map Quest are all downloaded on my phone. I tend to use Google Maps most.

Posted via Android Central App

IBMJunkman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Just this past Momday I used Google Maps and the moving blue dot get me to the highway after I got lost in Lugano, Switzerland.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Waze is pretty good, but Google Maps is amazing, especially the new update telling you which lanes to stay in

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Waze is pretty good, but Google Maps is amazing, especially the new update telling you which lanes to stay in

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

yes, that puts it right "up there" with the lastest Garmin GPS devices.
My Garmin LMT1450 gps will tell me to "stay right", but it does not tell me which lane if there are two "right turn lanes" and I need to bear left....

It will only say "stay right and turn left immediately".... okay, that makes the driver have to "think ahead" which we should do anyway, but when in a huge metroplex you have never seen before...... I have made some "out of the way" routes trying to get back where I need to be.

palsquared

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I use Waze every morning to determine my route to work (30 miles). Waze provides me routes that no other App I've used has given me (I've used Sygic, OCN, Mapquest, AAA, Google Maps, and 1/2 a dozen more). I find the time estimates are pretty spot on. The best feature of Waze is its real time and will change your route should traffic patterns deteriorate enroute.
The bad is, since the 4.3 update on my Galaxy S3 with Verizon, Waze no longer is usable. The screen is 'jumpy'. Waze & Android blame each other apparently. Today I use waze to determine best route, then simply turn it off and hope traffic doesn't get worse as I'm driving.
On long trips Waze is great as well. Its a social network for driving. Police updates, closures, warning, all are real time in Waze. In fact, since Google bought Waze you might notice some traffic info on GM comes from Waze users.

Bayarea13

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I am sick of Waze now and found Google Maps is way better. Waze can't even get my route right after almost a month going to the same route. The app was supposed to adjust after a certain time but almost a month is too long and I cant find a way to change the routes which makes the destination time incorrect

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The use if AI technology within Maps is exemplary. It will provide you the route but at the same time learn what you actually use. It even knows I stop at McDonald's for coffee in the morning on the way to work and accounts for that in my route. Waze is cool but for real life needs Maps is a much better choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I liked Waze....then I tried to use it to get out of West Hollywood when a bunch of roads were closed. It had the closed roads marked ("reported") on the map but was telling me to turn down them anyway.

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Can Waze be taken completely off-line? I'm looking for a good off-line GPS program. So far I'm debating between Sygic and CoPilot (but don't want to plunk down any money to test 'em since they're expensive).

diamondRanch

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I like Waze fine and it's nice IF someone else using Waze has reported police, construction, traffic jams, etc.
And it's kind of fun seeing if any of my friends are on the road as well.
But it's not been as accurate for me a few times, (taking me way out of the way a few times! ) as Google maps.
I keep both because Waze will allow me to add a stop during my trip (find place to eat, go to the bathroom, etc) and I can't find a way for Google maps to do that.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith