Heart rate monitor is a complete joke.

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I was actually hoping that the sensor worked. But, as it turns out, it's more of a gimmick and one should not relie on this in any way.

I walked up a long and steep hill and I was feeling pretty winded. I could feel my heart beating fast and I wanted to know my heart rate. I did it about a dozen times and got mixed readings. Most were about 54bpm. I would have to be quite the athlete to have this low of a reading given the upgrade I climbed... Just impossible. One reading was 104 and the next reading just seconds later was back to 54. And, yes I was still and quiet during the readings.

I just don't understand why companies, Samsung in this case, bother boasting about capabilities that are just not real. This phone is Not an accurate heart rate monitor. In fact, I equate it to a mood ring.

Which brings me to my questjon: Does the Gear Fit or other watch type wearable offer accurate bpm monitoring?

Posted via Android Central App

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I can honestly say I have found my phone and gear fit to be fairly accurate. The fit has a harder time reading it seems unless it's on excercise mode and showing continuous numbers but even seconds after a reading with my phone it may differ by 1-4 bpm. I was at a Dr appt about two weeks ago and my fit and my phone read the exact number their pulsox sensor read. I haven't expierence this problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
That's probably because you were measuring your resting heart rate. I bet if you tried it while exercising you would see how inaccurate it is

Posted via Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My bp cuff records my resting heart rate in the mid 50s. So does my S5. I'm not "resting" right now and just made a round trip trek from one end of the house to the other. Took my bp. Heart rate was 80. Took it with my S5 immediately after the bp reading...80. The phone also seems to be hitting the Stress readings pretty darn accurately too. I've tried it on 3 other family members. Don't know how it works, but it seems to do a good job so far.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
You're right the s5 heart rate is not consistent. It will some times give me accurate readings but allot of the time it's so low when I know it should be at around 145 beats, it'll tell me I'm at 60 beats haha. Don't rely on it.

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I have used it over 100 times and I can say personal it work 99.5 percent of the time and is right with my bpm

Posted via At&t SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech