galaxy s5 touch problem

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
have a look at settings/accessibility/dexterity and interactions to see if the settings are too low

Also Have you one of those cheap mirror screen protectors fitted they typically sell in souks etc

ahassanj

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem since the first day I bought my galaxy s5. At first I thought the touch problem would go away after the firmware update, but it didnt. The actual issue here is that the problem is not consistent and sometimes the phone works flawlessly while other times it stops registering my touches altogether...

Yazeed msl

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
have a look at settings/accessibility/dexterity and interactions to see if the settings are too low

Also Have you one of those cheap mirror screen protectors fitted they typically sell in souks etc
Thanx for posting and i don't have mirror protector
I am having the same problem since the first day I bought my galaxy s5. At first I thought the touch problem would go away after the firmware update, but it didnt. The actual issue here is that the problem is not consistent and sometimes the phone works flawlessly while other times it stops registering my touches altogether...
same like you

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
It may be an app causing this issue, it could be the sensitivity settings, or your phone could be defective.

Or lag......:(, my phone lags at the pattern luck 5 screen someone's.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ahassanj

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
It may be an app causing this issue, it could be the sensitivity settings, or your phone could be defective.

Or lag......:(, my phone lags at the pattern luck 5 screen someone's.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

lol... you included almost every possible problem... the thing is that I cant take it to the Samsung shop since its quite possible that the phone will behave normally there (considering my bad luck in such scenarios).

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
yes one time after i bought it after week but looks like it gone for now
it may back after days ...

If it comes and goes it must coincide with something other than settings ie maybe a back-up or other service starts to run eg an antivirus or an app you only use occasionally that stays running in background and consumes processing power which manifests as touch sensitivity

When the problem starts does a full restart stop it ie pull the battery for 5 mins ?

ahassanj

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
If it comes and goes it must coincide with something other than settings ie maybe a back-up or other service starts to run eg an antivirus or an app you only use occasionally that stays running in background and consumes processing power which manifests as touch sensitivity

When the problem starts does a full restart stop it ie pull the battery for 5 mins ?

ok, let me explain my issue a bit more elaborately by taking an example of usage of my phone during a normal day. I wake up, check the phone for any calls, messages or emails. Read a few articles etc. When the screen is off, i turn the screen on, i try to unlock the screen but the touch does not work. I press the power key twice, the touch starts working normally. During the course of day, similar issue occurs. There is no consistency in any particular processing running on the phone, or any particular color showing on the screen. Its just that when I turn on the screen, the touch issue starts. It can be as minor as a few additional ghost / missed touches (in this case i can confirm the issue using YAMTT app) or it can be as bad as totally non responding touchscreen (in this case I cant even unlock the phone). After I press the power key repeatedly a few times (turning the screen on and off repeatedly), the phone starts working perfectly. But the issue can start again at any time...

I hope this wall of text clarifies the issue a bit. I am really annoyed with this problem since there arent many people reporting it and that its not an "always on" problem that I can show to the samsung guys. I am sure if I go to them and even if the phone exhibits this problem, they will just restart it and most prolly the problem will go away (as stated above) and give it back to me saying the problem is solved...

Yazeed msl

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
ok, let me explain my issue a bit more elaborately by taking an example of usage of my phone during a normal day. I wake up, check the phone for any calls, messages or emails. Read a few articles etc. When the screen is off, i turn the screen on, i try to unlock the screen but the touch does not work. I press the power key twice, the touch starts working normally. During the course of day, similar issue occurs. There is no consistency in any particular processing running on the phone, or any particular color showing on the screen. Its just that when I turn on the screen, the touch issue starts. It can be as minor as a few additional ghost / missed touches (in this case i can confirm the issue using YAMTT app) or it can be as bad as totally non responding touchscreen (in this case I cant even unlock the phone). After I press the power key repeatedly a few times (turning the screen on and off repeatedly), the phone starts working perfectly. But the issue can start again at any time...

I hope this wall of text clarifies the issue a bit. I am really annoyed with this problem since there arent many people reporting it and that its not an "always on" problem that I can show to the samsung guys. I am sure if I go to them and even if the phone exhibits this problem, they will just restart it and most prolly the problem will go away (as stated above) and give it back to me saying the problem is solved...
hey bro seems i found the solution

do you have screen protector on your screen ?

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

It sounds like you have an app or a widget that is not compatible that also has a screen saver or display but it's not appearing correctly and shows as a non responsive screen until you manage to dismiss it

I had already suggested a screen protector to Yazeed in my very 1st message :)

Yazeed msl

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like you have an app or a widget that is not compatible that also has a screen saver or display but it's not appearing correctly and shows as a non responsive screen until you manage to dismiss it

I had already suggested a screen protector to Yazeed in my very 1st message :)
Thanks for that :)

ahassanj

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Yazeed bro you did not mention anything in your comment. What exactly was the solution? Removal of screen protector?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital