galaxy s5 touch problem

ahassanj

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Have you disabled any of the bloat? Some slice of bloat may be keeping the CPU/kernel busy.

NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1

I have disabled almost half of the samsung proprietary softwares. Do you think disabling those might be an issue? But that wasnt an issue with my previous galaxy note 3 and galaxy s2 etc..

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have disabled almost half of the samsung proprietary softwares. Do you disabling those might be an issue? But that wasnt an issue with my previous galaxy note 3 and galaxy s2 etc..

I think disabling the utilities you're not using can only help but I'm certainly no experienced expert.

sV

ahassanj

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
oh sorry i wasn't have screen protector just bought one and its gone

Wow.. Strange.. I have a screen protector too. So, your problem was solved by using a screen protector... I thought you were suggesting me to remove the screen protector. ( I think so did sjaduae)...

iphone5s

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
hello

my s5 working good but sometimes the touch be so bad like clicking top screen without touching it

I'm new to the S5 myself, but if you're still looking for a solution, I did notice under settings/display there is a setting for touch sensitivity. It's all the way down at the bottom of the display options.

Yazeed msl

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow.. Strange.. I have a screen protector too. So, your problem was solved by using a screen protector... I thought you were suggesting me to remove the screen protector. ( I think so did sjaduae)...
try to remove your screen protector and put new one

i just put cheap one and it worked

fiftyj

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. For me, it's been off an on. Usually it only last for 5 minutes then goes away. Except very recently I had one instance that it lasted approximately 20 hours without going away. I'm really confused as to what's causing it. I tried removing my screen protector and that didn't appear to do anything. And I also restarted/shut it down multiple times. :-\

ahassanj

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Any other good suggestions? Screen protector removal and then subsequent replacement does not change anything and the occasional occurrence of the above mentioned issue persists...

Jandelle

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with a new phone from 3 in the UK. It started on day one.

Using it after an hour or two of 'sleep' the screen is unresponsive. Takes a "battery reboot" to sort it out - usually.
Sometimes the splash screen comes on with a green hue.
I am not using a screen protector.
I have factory reset and removed my MicroSD card. No change.
I took it to my local 3 shop and they said "That's wrong".
I'm waiting for 3 to come back to me on this (I gave up on the phone and their email support SLA is 5 days!) but there do seem to be a small but significant number of people with this problem.
It's a shame as I was happy with my S3 for the last 2 years but this is really not acceptable. Seem like a software fault of some kind - if it was hardware related I'd expect a permanent failure.

harcher

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Same problem.
Glad to discover this thread.
Been scratching my head to figure out whatr would correlate with this behavior and see if I could devise a workaround.

First, for me, phone worked flawlessly for two weeks. Problem showed up on Tuesday. Does anyone know if Verizon pushed some sort of update just prior to that timeframe?

Second, problem shows up with/without screen protector, and with/without protective casing. I might experiment with the touch setting today to see if it makes a difference, but this seems improbable to me.

Third, for me, it manifests as a hard freeze. Battery pull is required to reset. At one time seeemed tyo boot into a "safe mode" when, upon a soft reset, booted normally.

Fourth, last time it happened, I noticed that my fingers were not only pressing the power key to start, but the way I was grasping the phone also had me pressing the volume up/down key about the same time. Wondering if simultaneous button pushes could get this into some sort of metastable state that would evidence itself as a freeze.

Fantastic phone, otherwiser. Camera is amazing. Took a high-end Nikon Coolpix along with the Samsung S5 on this overseas trip and found the S5 photos often more pleasing to the eye unless the shot was particularly challenging (deep backlighting or faster-than-usual motion)

Raqib009

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
ok, let me explain my issue a bit more elaborately by taking an example of usage of my phone during a normal day. I wake up, check the phone for any calls, messages or emails. Read a few articles etc. When the screen is off, i turn the screen on, i try to unlock the screen but the touch does not work. I press the power key twice, the touch starts working normally. During the course of day, similar issue occurs. There is no consistency in any particular processing running on the phone, or any particular color showing on the screen. Its just that when I turn on the screen, the touch issue starts. It can be as minor as a few additional ghost / missed touches (in this case i can confirm the issue using YAMTT app) or it can be as bad as totally non responding touchscreen (in this case I cant even unlock the phone). After I press the power key repeatedly a few times (turning the screen on and off repeatedly), the phone starts working perfectly. But the issue can start again at any time...

I hope this wall of text clarifies the issue a bit. I am really annoyed with this problem since there arent many people reporting it and that its not an "always on" problem that I can show to the samsung guys. I am sure if I go to them and even if the phone exhibits this problem, they will just restart it and most prolly the problem will go away (as stated above) and give it back to me saying the problem is solved...
I have exactly the same issue and didn't find any solution so far. I was failed to show this problem to the Samsung guys as that annoying problem does not happen every time. They are not even ready for a replacement or service. I haven't found any thread regarding to this issue and I am still confused is it a hardware or software fault. If it is software then there should be some other people who would complain about this.

auxigen auxigen

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Gently rub the screen wid ur palm for a minute. Make the screen "hotter" Problem goes away [tried it just now a few minutes ago and the prob has not recurred yet]. Weird but true.

ahassanj

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
where are you from raqib? this is exactly the problem that the cause of issue cant be identified... I really wonder if I will be able to identify it before my warranty expires... :-(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000