08-05-2016 02:01 PM
28 12
    I have the same problem (Galaxy S6, Samsung Wireless Charger, Samsung Clear Case) and did some research this morning. After charging fully, and putting the phone on the charger again it quickly goes from blue to green, and then after a few minutes would stop charging completely. I tried moving the phone and centring it more carefully, and discovered it stays on trickle if it is well placed (and in my case aligned in landscape to the charge, rather than in portrait).

Looking at the QI specs (which I cannot share a link to as I have not posted enough), it shows that the charger and the phone communicate using a wireless protocol, and the phone tells the charger how much power to send. My theory is that when the charger goes to trickle charge, the power is too low if the phone is not perfectly aligned, and the phone thinks the charger is no longer there.

To find the specs, Google for "Wireless Electricity Transmission qi consortium" and you should see a link that starts with "How it works". If someone is able to post the link that would be great.
    06-13-2015 12:58 PM
    I have solved this issue but it will involve a
    Slight modification of the pad.
    First get a heavier gauge cabe and choose the shortest length possible for you needs. Next remove the rubber pad from the bottom to expose the 4 screws holding the unittogether. Remove screw and pry the top black pad that the phone rests from the rest of the assembly. Inside you will see the induction coIL. Use a piece of plastic the thickness of a credit card cut the size of the coil and place it under the coil to raise it up closer to the top of device. Reassemble everything and you should be good to go. Remember you need a 2 amp charger or better to use this pad. Hope this helps. It solved my issues.
    07-22-2016 07:51 PM
    Yeah it's definitely the trickle mode that's causing the problem.

Another thing to pay attention to is the apps that your phone is running when it's in the trickle mode. Again because the power it receives from the charger is so low, if you have too many apps running in the background draining battery, it'll eat away the already low input and cause your phone to think it's actually not charging.

I'd just quit all my apps when I go to bed, phone screen on and off in the middle of the night is the worst.
    08-05-2016 02:01 PM
28 12