New to S 5

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I just recently purchased an S5 and have it on the way. I plan on using Nova Prime for the launcher. I would really appreciate if the community can give me any other tips and tricks to make the transition a little easier. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I know I'll be blasted for this but TouchWiz on the S5 is pretty good. Maybe give it a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
sounds like you already are familiar with Android, and depending on which carrier you are with, you will just need to get rid of the Bloatware.

Fortunately with the S5 it is super easy to do...

Settings/Applications/Application Manager/ALL

Coast down through that huge long list and turn off the bloatware.... It won't be uninstalled, but at least it can be Turned OFF and out of your way. Best of all, if you happen to need it back, just go to

Settings/Applications/Application Manager/Turned OFF
and find the app you need and turn it back ON.

Kit Kat has a few minor features deleted that we used to enjoy. Can't block SMS messages from specified phone numbers... However, if you don't mind using an app to replace the OEM message app, Phone Warrior SMS can block incoming SMS messages once you receive one and it stores it in its' own cache.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.visinor.phonewarrior&token=BkwgAuFT

Lots more too... that is just off the top of my head right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36