I'll give a hug to anyone who can tell me how to add notes on the lockscreen.

overground55

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to have several little notes on the lockscreen on the Galaxy S5? If I want to have a grocery list, and a list of tasks to work on, and I can see them before I unlock my phone, is there any way to do this? Or perhaps clever ways of accomplishing this using 3rd party lockscreen apps/widgets? Anyone who can help me with this will be a great help, and I will find you and give you a hug, a good one too, probably at least a 7-10 second embrace.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried the Google Keep lockscreen widget? You can make To-Do lists using Keep, and the widget allows you to view them from the lockscreen.

overground55

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the response Diddy, I can't seem to figure out how to make notes on Keep show up on the lockscreen. Can you help me with this? I'm using the 9 dot unlock mode, dunno if that could be keeping me from seeing anything note related.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to add the Keep lockscreen widget in the first place? If so, then make sure your main Keep app is syncing. Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​, and make sure Keep is checked.

overground55

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how to add it to the lockscreen on the s5 Diddy.

Also, I would like to have the notes stay up for up to a month if possible. The reminders in Keep only seem to stay for a day at a time.

Last edited:

trickym81

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe the default Galaxy S5 lockscreen lets you add widgets to it. I've never been able to figure it out.

You probably need to use a different lockscreen such as Widget Locker to accomplish this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're probably right. I don't have an S5, so I can't say definitively how to do it. It's easier on a Nexus 5. Let me look into this a little more ...

overground55

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Tricky, I downloaded the go locker app, it looks promising. Have you found a go locker theme that would emulate a notepad where I can view the same text every day, and edit as I like?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie