iPhone user getting sick of iPhone!

jebulls

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
First off I love my gmail. Hence a bad deal with iPhone. I am really annoyed these companies can't work together better! So this is my deal. For work I am feeling held back with iPhone. Small screen and email issues really stink. But after work is done I don't mind my iphone. Wife and entire fam has iPhones. So the iMessage and FaceTime can be nice. Also sharing iTunes between my wife is also nice. So I am completely torn. I know I can try for two weeks and return if I don't like of coarse. I guess I am asking for advice on how to handle music between iPhone and android. I know I can transfer music but what's the best way to handle music after the fact because there is no taking away iphone from the wife. She loves it! Also has any one missed the iMessage group message after moving to android because that is another thing I do use. Everyone has iPhones where I live! Sorry for the short story. Any other advice on a switch from 5s to s5 would be appreciated!

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has an app called Smart Switch Mobile that makes moving from an iPhone very easy. You can also use Google Music Manager on your computer to keep your itunes in sync with Google Play music.

Kel M

May 23, 2014
Visit site
You will be ok, I had an IPhone too but it is just too simple for me as I like to customized my phones. You will definitely love the long battery life of this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

jebulls

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain a little more how this works? So you still buy your music on iTunes? Or can you buy on s5 and it syncs?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you explain a little more how this works? So you still buy your music on iTunes? Or can you buy on s5 and it syncs?

If you go with Google Music Manager on your computer it keeps your itunes in sync with Google Play music on your phone. It runs in the background on your computer and any changes you make to itunes are synced to and reflected in Google Play music, keep using itunes if you like, buying, loading, arranging and making playlists and it will all be reflected in Google Play.
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1229970?hl=en

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Music Manager doesn't exactly sync iTunes. It will upload your currently stored music, and if you add more, it can figure out what new music needs to be uploaded. But it won't truly sync--i.e., if you make a change in your iTunes library (like deleting a track), that change won't be automatically reflected in Google Music. You'd have to make that change yourself in Google.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

jebulls

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
If you buy a song off of the droid phone will it go to itunes when you sync? I assume no? Also with Google Music Manager is the music on the phone or is it a cloud deal?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is cloud storage but you have the option to "pin" music to the phone for offline listening. It normally streams your music but when pinned to the phone, the music is cached locally on the device. I generally get all my music through itunes so I don't know about your other question.

itguy14

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I did just that - switch from iPhone to GS5. Android is not "better", it's different. There are a lot of little annoyances on Android that are not present on iOS. However I do like both platforms and do enjoy the customizability of Android as well as the widgets.

If you do make the switch, forget about iMessage and Facetime. You'll be doing SMS/MMS and some other form of video calling. The only solution that "enables" iMessage sends all your texts to some server in a foreign land so that's no good. And Facetime, while supposed to have been opened, Apple lost some patent thing in court and couldn't open it up.

For Music I just use the Google app that uploads your music library from iTunes. You don't need to transfer to the phone that way - it plays over WiFi/Cell connection. It will cache some tunes (2GB) to your SD card so you will have music even if not connected. I actually like iTunes so I continue to buy music there.

Other than that, be prepared for a learning curve. Be prepared for confusion (Photos vs Gallery gets me and is a poor decision), and really test it out in those 2 weeks. I like my GS5 - it's decent but has a lot of areas for improvement. Many are Android, many are Samsung.

connie barber

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I have used the iPhone for years. I switched to s5 Friday. I was sick of iPhone. They have not changed much since the beginning. Lately I had noticed after every update it seemed to take away a little more freedom. It was like being in iPhone jail. Wouldn't let you charge with any cord except Apple products. made it almost impossible to transfer music to phone unless it was bought from Apple site. I am so far happy with s5. I admit I was scared to switch. I have found the s5 has been easy to operate and set up. transferring the music from my library was a breeze. I like the larger screen. I like you have the option to rotate the screen. Used to be able to rotate iPhone screen but, they took that option away also. I think we will be happy with the change. Goodluck.

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
you can't rotate the screen on an iPhone? What could possibly be the reasoning for that?

I dont think that statement is completely accurate. The screen rotated for apps that supported it.

I came from an iPhone 5s to my S5 over a month ago and have been pleased so far. I do like the overall stability and memory management of iOS better than Android. I think this has to do with the far more strict app review process that anyone goes through to get an app published on iOS. I love the freedom to get apps from second had sources rather than just the google play store, and I love the option of providing my own media on my S5 rather than being tied to iTunes. The biggest draw for me was screen size, and depending on what they do with the iPhone 6 I may end up going back. A 5.5" iPhone would solve many of my gripes. Overall build quality goes to Apple, but features and cool gadgets go to Samsung. I might end up picking up an iPhone and keeping my S as well. Who knows.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I like to use iSyncr for transferring my iTunes music to my Note 3.

Make sure you turn off iMessage and FaceTime on all you devices (iPhone, iPad, etc) at least 3 days before you switch or you will get caught in iMessage hell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca