Galaxy S5: Notification Help Please....

TripleB67

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded a couple of notification tones (ones I created using music from my computer) using MyxerTones. Everything worked perfectly for a couple days. I had one song as my notification for a day or two (worked perfectly) and then switched to a second song (worked perfectly).

Yesterday afternoon it was working right. Then around supper time last night I got a text and it played the previous notification music. Checked the phone and it still had my the correct notification checked...the old one wasn't even listed even though that was the one it was playing. I deleted the old one from my phone thinking that would work but somehow it still played the one I deleted.

This morning I turned on my phone and got a text and all it did was vibrate. I erased the second notification I loaded and just selected one of the preloaded notification tones and it won't play that either. It just vibrates. I've made sure I haven't 'muted' the sound somewhere and it doesn't look like the sound is muted anywhere.

Any idea what the problem might be???

Thanks.

TripleB67

TripleB67

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually no app is involved. It 'texts' the ringtone to your phone.

I've turned all the volumes I know up today and all I get is a vibration....no sound comes from notifications at all now...even using one of the S5 notification tones.

The ring for when I get a phone call works....just not the notification tones.

TripleB67

TripleB67

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Took it to two Verizon Wireless places this afternoon....neither one could figure out the problem. They finally ended up giving me a new phone.

TripleB67