spellcheck spellcheck

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I've thought the same thing. It's a pain when you have to turn off auto correct in order to get your word correctly typed. Would be nice if there was an option to "Add word to dictionary" button.

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
I found it last night...go to Settings > language and input > click the gear for the keyboard you're using > Auto replacement > turn the switch to off.

The suggestions still appear, but no auto replacement :)

Susan Steineke

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: spellcheckspellcheck

Thank you Thank you, I thought I was going to go nuts cause no matter what I did it wanted to say what it wanted to say. I am a new android user, my old iphone all I had to do was tap the word I spelled wrong/ or it didn't recognize and it would let me say it. This phone was taking over. I could not even spell our last name!

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
There should be a check mark. Tap that to select the word you typed. For instance serdreeweded. Now that made up word will forever be a real word in my personal dictionary.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
No need to turn it OFF, just hit the 'check mark' on the keyboard to accept it exactly like you have it typed.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You are using the factory keyboard? Give SwiftKey a shot - best of all it's free now and multiple themes to choose from.

SwiftKey will adapt to your typing and will remember what specific words you use. Can't hurt to try it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo