Multi Window Not Working

gaffers01

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi People,

Im new to android as i was an apple guy before buying an S5 (which i love),
im having problems enabling Multi window on my device it just wont let me activate it, ive tried the shortcut and the settings ways, turning the phone off and on but still no luck.
Am i just being Thick

Cheers for the help in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi People,

Im new to android as i was an apple guy before buying an S5 (which i love),
im having problems enabling Multi window on my device it just wont let me activate it, ive tried the shortcut and the settings ways, turning the phone off and on but still no luck.
Am i just being Thick

Cheers for the help in advance.

Welcome to the forums.
It's been a while since I have used a stock Samsung with Multi Window. I will see if I can get someone who can help better.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Does it show as enabled in the notification bar? If so, long press the back button to get the multi window tab to appear

qy2ebuva.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

gaffers01

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi, its greyed out and just pressing it once does nothing and when i press for a long time i get the other screen up but it wont let me toggle the the button across!

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Done it, it was because my device was in "Easy Mode", turned this off and now all working fine.
Thanks for you help
Haha. As soon as I read the subject of your post, I thought to myself "Easyt Mode." This and siumilar things have happeneed to so many people on this forum it isn't even funny. And the cause is invariably "Oops, I just saw that my phone was iin Easy Mode."
Why some carriers deliver these phones to customers with Easy Mode enabled as the default is hard to understand. It's like delivering a Ferarri with 10 of the 12 cylinders disabled.

Happy you got things working properly!

Arnav Arya

Jun 9, 2018
Visit site
Well the thing is samsung and maybe some other phones disable this because talkback is activated even if it's not activated u just go to accessibility settings and turn talkback on then turn it off now bingo yay! It waorks now..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995