Mail Deleting Tip

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I just figured this out, thought I would share.

When deleting emails from individually from the stock mail client, usually when you delete a message you have to wait until the "message deleted" banner on the bottom of the screen disappears before deleting the next one. Figured out that when that banner appears, if you hit the back button it goes away and you can select the next email or delete the next email.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I feel dumb because I never paid attention. I would just push the back button and I couldn't figure out why the deleted mail was coming back. 🙈😂😂😂

Posted via Android Central App

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I just figured this out, thought I would share.

When deleting emails from individually from the stock mail client, usually when you delete a message you have to wait until the "message deleted" banner on the bottom of the screen disappears before deleting the next one. Figured out that when that banner appears, if you hit the back button it goes away and you can select the next email or delete the next email.

Thanks for the tip! Can you clarify for me since when I hit the back button after deleting an email, it actually exits the email app immediately. Thanks again.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Nice find! And yet another reason the Samsung email client is vastly superior to the stock mail client...

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Finally! After the update from Verizon a couple days ago, this tip finally works for me. Luckily I remembered this post from before and came back to look at it now. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App - Verizon S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol