'Happy with Galaxy S5' Thread

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Usually people who have problems with phones come on forums but I also want those who are enjoying the phone to have their say. This thread is for those. I am using an S3 and I also want the good points of the S5 to help me to know whether to pick one up or not.
Thanks. (My first thread- I'm new to the forum today but have been using Android for about 3 years)

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've have had my S5 since opening day, 4/11/2014

Other than a few learning issues, I have been very happy with mine.

Longer battery life than previous phones by a multiple of times.

More powerful, acts like a mini desktop PC.

Fast downloads with the new 4G/LTE system. I live in a deep rural area and still getting 23 mB+ download speeds. That is more than twice as fast as my home DSL internet. A cellphone is faster than a dedicated internet connection? Yup, it is here. Fibre cable connections are the wave of the future here, maybe....

The S5 has so many programmable options that it can please just about anyone.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am very happy with the S5. I have no complaints at all. Looking forward to testing this camera out next week in NY. First time going, so I'm definitely going to be take a lot of pics!

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S5

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm extremely happy now that I got the Wireless Charging Cover. My only complaint was the port cover and now that I solved that I'm great.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I like the phone...I have some complaints...but that's because if I owned a perfect device...there'd be no incentive to buy a new o e every two years...which is, not surprisingly, why there will never be a perfect phone...

Posted via Android Central App

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Got mine on 4/26/14 and have to say that I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I have no issues and still on my first unit. I upgraded from an S4.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
This is my first Android phone and I love it! I've been a Blackberry user for years and came from the BB 9930. Since I am a 60+ person I needed something with a bigger screen and the clarity of the screen is great! Got my S5 in May and so far I have no issues with it. Phone is fast and very smooth. On my BB I had many themes so I could customize it the way I wanted it. So.....I'm thinking about try out the Nova Launcher. Really liking all the widgets you can have and the customization. Purchased LightFlow and love the way I can customize my LED light. :D It's similar to BeBuzz which I had on my Blackberry.

Overall......great phone and I'm happy with my choice of purchasing the S5.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Where to begin. I got the phone on launch day and am very happy with it. I came from a 2 year old Droid razr Maxx so this was a significant upgrade. The screen is nothing short of incredible. Battery life is great and when/if the battery starts to degrade in a year or so, it's easily replaced. The phone is extremely fast, snappy, and responsive. The camera is really good. I know the cool thing to do is to b**ch and moan about TouchWiz incessantly, but I like it. The hardest part was adjusting to the size, but I got used to it pretty quick. I REALLY hope flagships stop getting bigger though.

Kel M

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm very happy with the S5 and so is my wife. The best feature for us is the long battery and the beautiful screen.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Byron! I've had my s5 since may 26 and I've enjoyed it coming from a iPhone 5 I was scared at first but after going to best buy talking with the Samsung ppl there showing me features I was blown away and then went to my Verizon store and pulled the trigger I had no problems and performance was awesome and the screen is kickazz if you make the jump I don't think you'll be disappointed

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 or Samsung galaxy S5

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Where to begin. I got the phone on launch day and am very happy with it. I came from a 2 year old Droid razr Maxx so this was a significant upgrade. The screen is nothing short of incredible. Battery life is great and when/if the battery starts to degrade in a year or so, it's easily replaced. The phone is extremely fast, snappy, and responsive. The camera is really good. I know the cool thing to do is to b**ch and moan about TouchWiz incessantly, but I like it. The hardest part was adjusting to the size, but I got used to it pretty quick. I REALLY hope flagships stop getting bigger though.

Yeah I agree with you. I really hate the way people talk down Touchwiz. I love it on my S3 and the one on the S5 looks much better.

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Welcome Byron! I've had my s5 since may 26 and I've enjoyed it coming from a iPhone 5 I was scared at first but after going to best buy talking with the Samsung ppl there showing me features I was blown away and then went to my Verizon store and pulled the trigger I had no problems and performance was awesome and the screen is kickazz if you make the jump I don't think you'll be disappointed

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 or Samsung galaxy S5

Thank you very much. I really feel that I will be making the jump. I trust Samsung based on the great experience I have had with the S3. I know many others have had problems but my experience with it has been seamless.

kingsley404

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The s5 is amazing. Awesome screen, amazing camera, great battery life and most of all even without a root its amazing. Haven't really missed root at all except for changing my dpi. Coming from owning a galaxy nexus. Highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I returned the M8 and sold my Z2 so yes I'm very happy with my S5. Last year it was different story as the M7 ruled.

I love the G2 last year but the UI let me down. LG made changes, which looks great so I would be shock if I still have my S5 by the time Samsung releases the Note 4. I will sell one of them.

Pro S5

MADDROID1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm extremely hapky with my S5. Bought it about 2 months ago coming from an iPhone for about 4 years. It's so much more than iPhone ever dreamed to be.

I do wish that Google had not crippled the SD card as that was one of the reasons for my switch from Apple. But, it's still a much better experience.

Sent through Verizon from my Samsung Galaxy S5

icouldntpossiblycomment

May 5, 2014
Visit site

I like TouchWiz too. I AM using Nova Launcher now, but not because of any issue with TouchWiz; I just wanted to be able to change my icons. :p

icouldntpossiblycomment

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for over a month now and I love it. The battery life is fantastic and I love the screen size and quality. The camera is great too. I'm using Nova Launcher right now, but I did like TouchWiz and used it up until a few days ago. I only switched because I wanted to be able to try out the different icon packs. I came from an iPhone, and I've been really happy with my S5. No regrets about switching or purchasing the S5.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY with my S5! I don't have a problem with Touch Whiz. The UI is snappy, no lag. I love the camera (never thought I'd admit to being happy with a cell phone camera but it's more than adequate in a pinch). I haven't uninstalled all the fluff (maybe unnecessary but fun/cool) features. Just removed a few apps I'd never use. Runs like a champ. Having an issue with it coming on when it feels like it but hopefully I'll figure that out. Oh, no problems with BT to any other device, keyboard, or my Ford Flex. The text message feature in my car works too. Messages are on the nav screen and are read aloud. I'm almost afraid to update to 4.4.3 in fear it will break something!

iphone5s

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
My first Samsung Android and I like it very much. Feels strong and good in the hand with the standard Samsung gel case.

@monicakm - are you perhaps referring to the way the screen lights up when the phone reaches 100% charge?