EXYNOS vs SNAPDRAGON Chipsets

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to get an S5 soon.
Which of the chipsets Exynos or Snapdragon would you say is the better one to get in terms of raw power, battery usage, gaming, graphics, reliability etc.?
Also please add good substantial reasons as well. Opinions as well as People who have owned one or both are welcome.
Thanks- I'm new to the forum, just started today and I am enjoying it so far!

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
There are trade offs to both:

The Exynos is probably going to be a little faster, but the 801 likely manages power better.
Also, the Snapdragon chip will likely be supported easier/better in ROMs/kernels versus the Exynos.

Posted via Android Central App

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
There are trade offs to both:

The Exynos is probably going to be a little faster, but the 801 likely manages power better.
Also, the Snapdragon chip will likely be supported easier/better in ROMs/kernels versus the Exynos.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree, thanks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The snapdragon supports lte, even lte-a with carrier aggregation, depending on variant.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
How do you tell which one you have? I have a UK stock handset and it is fast and I think it's lagged like once and it was due to an app that i had to delete

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Pretty sure mine is a snapdragon as it had a sticker that said QUALCOMM 4G on the top (very small labelly sticker) when i bought it and it is very fast and battery lasts ages

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Exynos should have better battery and faster CPU
Snapdragon has a bit faster GPU and lte support.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy