Kies 3.0, SideSync, and Smart Switch and transfering files..... all at the same time

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Kies 3.0, SideSync and Smart Switch

I am constantly being amazed at how great a job Samsung did with the S5.

All of the Samsung bashers be damned, this is a fine piece of equipment, and the utilities they gave us to work with do a superb job.

My desktop is a Win7 Home Premium top of the line, maxed out 2 years ago. Still a good box, will last me for years before it expires.... to hell with Win8, I don't like it, and won't use it.

When I connect the S5 to the USB 3.0 cable, SideSync immediately boots up on both the phone and the desktop. The phone don't even have to be unlocked to use SideSync. You can do anything thru the PC that you can on the phone. Love it, use it a lot.

Kies 3.0 has a great photo viewing utility, you can just scroll down with your mouse wheel and the photos on the camera show up about 2 inches square on my desktop monitor screen. Love it. That don't even touch the rest of what Kies can do. Make backups of everything on the phone, as many times as you want. Each backup is named with a Date/Time Stamp right down to the second. And you can store that backup in a folder of your choice on your own PC.

I use a file transfer utility called Xplorer2 that has multi-window capability. Love that also. Put the S5 in the left window, and the target PC directory/folder (what ever you want to call it) and you can drag/drop from window to window and SideSync is running along with Kies 3.0. All at the same time.

I don't know if Apple has stuff like that or not, and don't care. What I do care about is what a superb job Samsung has done with giving us great tools to work with.

While at it, Samsung has a tool called Smart Switch that will export stuff from a previous phone to the S5 or other capable Samsung phone. I used that to bring over the stuff from the previous phone to the S5. Again, a great tool and it works good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae