Root Any Carrier S5

urabob

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I came across this and I'm highly tempted to root. I've never done it before, but this method seems like the easiest way to do it. Just a couple of questions though.

1. Once I'm rooted can I update my phone via official ota updates? If not, can I update via Kies? Or are updates just out of the picture?

2. Knox. Other than tripping the efuse and voiding the warranty are there any other repercussions?

Anyway, the main thing for me are updates. I would love to root just to get rid of some of the bloatware (and block ads), but not at the expense of losing the ability to update easily.

Anyway, I appreciate an insight on the topic. Thanks!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I came across this and I'm highly tempted to root. I've never done it before, but this method seems like the easiest way to do it. Just a couple of questions though.

1. Once I'm rooted can I update my phone via official ota updates? If not, can I update via Kies? Or are updates just out of the picture?

2. Knox. Other than tripping the efuse and voiding the warranty are there any other repercussions?

Anyway, the main thing for me are updates. I would love to root just to get rid of some of the bloatware (and block ads), but not at the expense of losing the ability to update easily.

Anyway, I appreciate an insight on the topic. Thanks!

I have to agree on this.

I would appreciate removing all of the bloatware totally off the phone and recover the space.

But I won't if it trips the fuse and/or prevents OTA updates.

SecureITinc

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Tempted to do so , I used to jailbreak and GeoHot is the f'n man , hands down. From a security professional I give that guy much respect. Jailbreaking my iphone when they first came out and others since then and the free "Cydia". Question - is there a "Android" version of "cydia" And does the Jailbreak work with SPRINT S5? I can't afford to brick this brand new phone..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech