Screen burn in!?

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok, at Best Buy today contemplating the S5 and while playing with the demo model I noticed this (photos below) screen burn in. It's from the special case that allows you to check phone status without opening phone. Immediately I was very discouraged and put off of even considering this phone if this can happen. I have never noticed any burn in with my S3 but didn't they change the screen with this model? Have any of you S5 owners experienced this screen burn in? Granted, it's a demo model and used a lot but if this case causes burn in how easy is it to "burn in" a home screen if you didn't change your icon placement often...? Hmmmm, worth thinking twice before buying I think!
*Sorry about the poor quality photos, taken with my husband's HTC One, LOL ;-)>

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• collage_20140615201522303.jpg
    collage_20140615201522303.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 274

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It can probably happen with those demo units because they are on the entire time the store is open. It definitely doesn't represent normal use.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Good to know! I saw that screen and was like.... what!?! Noooo! Just when you think you have your mind up, bam! Hahaha

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Good to know! I saw that screen and was like.... what!?! Noooo! Just when you think you have your mind up, bam! Hahaha

The phone is on literally 24/7, demo devices are jammed with so much crap and are pushed to the limit. Let's face it, even though the staff is supposed to turn off the device. It's never done.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

TOTtomdora

May 5, 2014
Visit site
It's not that the screen's on a lot, it's that it would have to be on the same screen for a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, maybe it's me but I don't see (on a brandnew MacBook Air 13 screen) that supposed burn-in on your posted photos.

But assuming it's there I can't get my head around a store manager leaving demo models like that on display. Reason for demotion, imo. I certainly wouldn't buy from that place anymore.

I have a new MacBook Pro 13" and I see it quite clearly, without the need to zoom.

This is something you definitely don't need to be concerned with as a consumer. It often happens to demo models that are left on the same screen for extended periods of time on a regular basis. I saw a Galaxy Nexus at a corporate Verizon store that had it much worse than this, to the point that it greatly hindered usage, yet it was still on display. Why that unit hadn't been replaced by then is beyond my understanding.

jefferai

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I had an actual Galaxy Nexus and the burn-in was terrible. I didn't leave it on 24/7, but it didn't matter. The navigation bars, status bars and various parts of other apps I would commonly have open burned in to the screen, and no amount of screen fixer runtime would fix it. This was within six months, by the way...not by the end of its run.

It is a shame that fewer and fewer manufacturers are using LCD panels, because it was enough to put me off ever buying another AMOLED device again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power