S finder emergency update?

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got a pop up saying I had to do an emergency update for s finder. I cant find no info about it online so I closed it. Did anyone else geg this or know if its legit?

Sent from my G-S5 using Tapatalk.

dfglenn

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got a pop up saying I had to do an emergency update for s finder. I cant find no info about it online so I closed it. Did anyone else geg this or know if its legit?

I too got this. Looks suspicious to me. Waiting further news before I touch it.

lawendy

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

I got it too and cancelled the msg by fault without reading it I can't even find the update anymore

ibrahimkhan27

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I got the same popup today on my Note 3. I decided to follow thru with the update. It installed really fast.
After, I went to my 'Settings> General> Application Manager' and scrolled down to S Finder to find more info. Now I have version 1.3. I do not know the version I had before this update.

Could anybody confirm here what version they have before and after this update?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
the update showed up in the "Samsung Apps" app for me as an update, appears it came straight from Samsung, at least in my case

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead an installed the update on my Sprint Galaxy S5 (stock with Touchwiz/Kit Kat).

S-Finder is now at version 2.2.

Looks exactly the same as it did before, so it's probably just bug and/or security fixes.

Chen Bai

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
It just happened on my S5. I proceeded the update. I didnt know if it was offical update, and I havent find any different after the update, appears to be safe, at least it didnt affect the normal function of my S5.

c2lass

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I got this too and did install it. Now I cannot find an app for it anywhere on my phone? I can see it if I go to settings and apps but I have no idea what this app is or what it does. Now this evening a couple of hours after installing it I get an update telling me Samsung Billing has been installed?

Can anyone please shed any light?

Thanks

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
It's legitimate. If you ever have a doubt about a Samsung app, go to the Samsung App store and look it up. For S Finder, if you are logged into your Samsung Account you should be able to hit Menu in Samsung Apps and then choose Purchased to see that an update is there for the app. Purchased does not mean you paid extra money for - it includes some preloaded and free apps. Some of the preloaded apps will only show there when there is an update available.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an S5 (AT&T) and nowhere can I find S.finder. anyone have, any idea as to why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have an S5 (AT&T) and nowhere can I find S.finder. anyone have, any idea as to why?

While I don't have your phone, I believe you will find it if you do the two finger swipe down on the home screen so that you can view all the pulldown icons.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
S finder is a great app. Just swipe down and above the brightness adjuster the icon will be there. It works just like the search function on the iPhone. It will simultaneously search for anything on your phone and on the net. Easiest way to find stuff on your phone.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok, thanks, found it. Yes it is a great little app. Is there a way to tell what version I have. I don't think I got the update.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thanks, found it. Yes it is a great little app. Is there a way to tell what version I have. I don't think I got the update.

Go to settings, application manager, then s finder. Tap s finder and it will show u there.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1403188307193.jpg
    1403188307193.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 23

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2