Time jumped by one hour ???

covard

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
:confused: So... the alarm goes off and I look at the bedside clock and it's an hour early. What a rude awakening !!

I have a daily alarm set. Normally, no problem. It has worked fine for the past month and a half. I did not knowingly change any settings on my phone since yesterday morning. Yet this morning, the phone time was an hour ahead. I rebooted the phone. No change. Later on, I checked the phone settings. Found under "Date and time", where the "Automatic time zone" made a difference. I had to uncheck it, then "select time zone" and change it to Mountain Daylight.

I am 99% sure that I have had the same setting since I got the phone. Why a change overnight?????
Is it possible that Verizon is sending out the wrong "network-provided time zone?"

Any one with the same issue? or any thoughts??
Thanks,

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They could have. When I was on Sprint I saw this happen once or twice where the network set the wrong time on the phone. Usually they fix it after a little while.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and a couple days ago the same thing happened to me.

The alarm clock went off an hour early.

Rather than try to figure out why, I just did a Restart on the phone and it never happened again.