Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

08-05-2014 04:32 PM
94 1234
tools
    I just really dislike cases. I always bought Otterboxes for my iPhones, used them for a while, then took them off and never used them again. I like the way the phone feels and looks without one. With these S5's being water and dust resistant with strong glass and a textured back, I am not worried about damage, scratches or dings. I'm pretty careful with my stuff.
    07-03-2014 07:33 PM
    I was going to get a case but then I dropped my phone and dinged up the bezel so now I don't really care.. I was cautious and bought a zagg extreme screen protector though.

Posted via Android Central App
    STARGATE likes this.
    07-04-2014 08:08 AM
    I actually got an original Zagg protector on my phone's display.
    Sent From Another Galaxy
    07-04-2014 08:30 AM
    I just really dislike cases. I always bought Otterboxes for my iPhones, used them for a while, then took them off and never used them again. I like the way the phone feels and looks without one. With these S5's being water and dust resistant with strong glass and a textured back, I am not worried about damage, scratches or dings. I'm pretty careful with my stuff.
    I know what you're saying but there are people like me that need a case to protect their phone at work.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    07-09-2014 09:30 AM
    Only had my S5 a couple of weeks and I normally leave my phones 'naked' but after cracking the screen on my S3, I'm considering getting the quadlock case when it comes out for the S5 so I can attach the phone to my bike when I go out for rides. Depending on how good the case is will make me decide on if I will keep it on the phone or only use it when going out on the bike. I do need to look into a screen protector though.

07-09-2014 05:07 PM
    Mine is naked. Slid off a bar once and the screen has some hairline scratches. Wasn't a far fall I was surprised that the gorilla glass didn't fair better. There aren't any other scratches on the device, just the screen from that fall. When I switch to verizon I'll make sure to put a tempered screen protector on it.
    07-09-2014 05:11 PM
    I don't like cases, but I've dropped my phone a couple of times and got a few scratches on the faux "metal" part around the phone, so I think I'll need to get one now.
    07-09-2014 06:58 PM
    I had a Bumper, then switch to a bigger belt clip holster, but that wouldnt allow wireless charging when I bought the cheap $8 wireless charging insert for my S5.
    So I tried an aluminium bumper but that really impacts GPS reception and since I play Ingress which uses the GPS that is a no go.
    I am back to a this TPU Bumper which wont effect wireless charging, and a cheap velcro belt holster now.
    all is good.
    (I do miss using the gold colored aluminium bumper as it looked great)
    07-11-2014 09:10 AM
    I just got my Electric Blue back cover, looks great.

I also have 3-4 minor dents around the edges from coins in my pocket. I'm fine with it because if/when Samsung releases the Prime, I guess it's an excuse to upgrade. LOL It's not like I can't use the accessories I bought.
    07-11-2014 10:07 AM
    I just got my Electric Blue back cover, looks great.

I also have 3-4 minor dents around the edges from coins in my pocket. I'm fine with it because if/when Samsung releases the Prime, I guess it's an excuse to upgrade. LOL It's not like I can't use the accessories I bought.
    How does it look with that blue cover?
    Pictures.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    07-11-2014 05:47 PM
    You can find pictures online of the blue cover but the pictures do not do it justice. (Videos do a somewhat better job.) It is a bright shiny electric blue in direct light, but darkens as the light is more indirect so the tone adjusts as you twist it back and forth in your hand. The blue works perfectly with the dimpling and texture of the back, and I would recommend it highly.

Pictures.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    STARGATE likes this.
    07-12-2014 10:54 AM
    You can find pictures online of the blue cover but the pictures do not do it justice. (Videos do a somewhat better job.) It is a bright shiny electric blue in direct light, but darkens as the light is more indirect so the tone adjusts as you twist it back and forth in your hand. The blue works perfectly with the dimpling and texture of the back, and I would recommend it highly.
    Good deal!
    Can you please post a link to said videos and pics?

Sent From Another Galaxy
    07-13-2014 08:16 AM
    Ugh, another drop over concrete at work!
    Nothing happened but I got the message.
    I finally got more protection for my GS5.
    Who is still using their Galaxy S5 "naked" and why?-1405661716148.jpg

Sent From Another Galaxy
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    07-18-2014 12:35 AM
    Ugh, another drop over concrete at work!
    Nothing happened but I got the message.
    I finally got more protection for my GS5.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1405661716148.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	128118

Sent From Another Galaxy
    I used to rock one of those but found it to be too much. That being said it's great for drop protection and on a construction site can't go wrong.
    STARGATE likes this.
    07-18-2014 12:56 AM
    I used to rock one of those but found it to be too much. That being said it's great for drop protection and on a construction site can't go wrong.
    There's a bestbuy store less than 5 minutes from where I was working.
    Amazon had the case cheaper than usual, so I went to bb to get it price matched.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    07-18-2014 07:33 AM
    Ordered myself a two in one item for my S5.

-Extended battery since I do a lot of text and online stuff
    -Hard rubberized case for the future drop

http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-7500mAh-Extended-Battery-Samsung/dp/B00KL4CDXW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405708333&sr=8-2&keywords=galaxy+s5+extended+battery
    07-18-2014 01:34 PM
    Ordered myself a two in one item for my S5.

-Extended battery since I do a lot of text and online stuff
    -Hard rubberized case for the future drop

http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-7500mAh-Extended-Battery-Samsung/dp/B00KL4CDXW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405708333&sr=8-2&keywords=galaxy+s5+extended+battery
    That's great battery life, but the phone would be almost an inch thick!

I guess there are people that really do need that battery time.

I'm good with what I got, the only thing that bothers me is how thick my phone is with this Otterbox case.

I know is less compared to other heavy duty cases and the price was great, but I got used to have my phone on its clear "naked" case. It had protection and was almost as if there wasn't a case at all.

Anyway, in my line of work, I have to protect my device, simple as that.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    07-19-2014 08:16 AM
    Pictures.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    Here some photos of my S5 that came with the blue back. I really like it and the photos don't do it justice. As already stated It has a nice prismatic effect when held at certain angles. The first photo is indoors under a daylight bulb and the second out doors in the usual overcast UK weather. It just seems a shame that I'll be putting it in a case shortly

Attached Thumbnails Who is still using their Galaxy S5 "naked" and why?-20140719_185056.jpg   Who is still using their Galaxy S5 "naked" and why?-20140719_185140.jpg  
    07-19-2014 12:57 PM
    I use a case when I'm at work at then go naked at the weekend. I don't trust myself enough to not drop it on my desk, or knock it into the floor from my desk to not use one at work.

07-19-2014 01:31 PM
    I have a Spigen Slim Armour case for mine, in Dante Red. It does add a bit of chunk to the phone but I think it's less than most other cases. It also looks really nice and feels extremely solid.
    STARGATE likes this.
    07-19-2014 05:10 PM
    I have a Spigen Slim Armour case for mine, in Dante Red. It does add a bit of chunk to the phone but I think it's less than most other cases. It also looks really nice and feels extremely solid.
    Just picked up a slum armor myself and I like it.. I will say the case mate tough case does blow this out of the water for grip. Not for looks but it's the same size and feels great
    STARGATE likes this.
    07-20-2014 01:28 AM
    Can you post pictures please?

Sent From Another Galaxy
    07-20-2014 01:44 PM
    Mine is forced to roll naked now because I have the special back for wireless charging. Sometimes I swap it out during the day for my old school blue, though, as I do miss it greatly.
    07-20-2014 05:25 PM
    I decided to use mine naked.

07-20-2014 05:42 PM
    I hate having a case on my phone. Having a case on your phone is like wearing a condom. It is a lot safer but it takes away all of the feeling.
    STARGATE, Gunny Fitz and S5_GJH like this.
    07-21-2014 09:05 AM
94 1234