what headphones work best with the S5'same low audio output

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got the s5 a couple of days ago and I like the phone except the headphone audio isn't that good so far. It has clarity, but it lacks punch and loudness. The m8 and iPhone 5s sound louder and better imo.

I tried some bose headphones (on ear and over the ear) and both sounded low in volume output. I had to crank the s5's volume up to around 80-90% to get a louder sound or else it sounded too quiet.

Anyways, how do you guys compensate for the low output of audio and what headphones are you guys using to get a good punchy and quality sound without having to raise the volume too high?

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Did you try "personalize call sound" settings? It does make a pretty big difference for me. (Adapt sound settings)

Posted via Android Central App - Verizon S5

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you try "personalize call sound" settings? It does make a pretty big difference for me. (Adapt sound settings)

No, I haven't. What does it do? I'll look into it, thanks

My beats work best.

I'll have to try that personalized sound setting.

Posted via Android Central App

Which beats headphones do you have? Do you have to turn up the volume very high to hear at a reasonable volume?

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Beats Mixr's and they sound awesome with the S5, volume is not an issue as the Mixr's are designed to be DJ headphones and as such are extremely loud.

My only complaint with them is the tight grip they have on your head which makes them uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I can't tell you technically what adapt sound is doing, but it does makes sound louder and fuller. You have to go through the personal "hearing test" to indicate whether you can hear each tone or not and then adjusts output accordingly. It gives you a very easy preview function to hear the difference. And you can easily turn it off if you don't like it for some reason.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-21-05-50-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-21-05-50-51.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 37

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell you technically what adapt sound is doing, but it does makes sound louder and fuller. You have to go through the personal "hearing test" to indicate whether you can hear each tone or not and then adjusts output accordingly. It gives you a very easy preview function to hear the difference. And you can easily turn it off if you don't like it for some reason.

Does adapt sound work with streaming music through Spotify or audio on youtube and the internet?

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
No, I haven't. What does it do? I'll look into it, thanks

Which beats headphones do you have? Do you have to turn up the volume very high to hear at a reasonable volume?

I use the Beat solo. I have turn them all the way up. The sound quality is so poor, I literally have to sacrifice my hearing lol

Posted via Android Central App

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got the s5 a couple of days ago and I like the phone except the headphone audio isn't that good so far. It has clarity, but it lacks punch and loudness. The m8 and iPhone 5s sound louder and better imo.

I tried some bose headphones (on ear and over the ear) and both sounded low in volume output. I had to crank the s5's volume up to around 80-90% to get a louder sound or else it sounded too quiet.

Anyways, how do you guys compensate for the low output of audio and what headphones are you guys using to get a good punchy and quality sound without having to raise the volume too high?

I just bought this Motorola Bluetooth headset and it sounds fantastic. It does get pretty loud. I would suggest you also use ADAPT SOUND in the sound settings.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3724109

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I really should finish reading the manual. :) I did not know about the adapt sound feature. I just set it up and what a difference! I have bose earbuds and after the setup they sound even better. I love that it has the feature to hear the before and after setting up the adapt sound. The volume isn't a problem at all, plenty loud.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
It's still not loud enough even with the adapt sound feature on. There is no excuse for them to have an output that is half as much as the two main competitors. Regardless of the headphones you are using.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I think the volume through my sony mdr-xd200's sound fine, but for some reason I feel that the sound might be thin and might not be punchy compared to the sound I get out of my HTC Rezound and my PC with an Echo Audiofire 4 soundcard. I tried the sound adapt and it helped, especially with the clarity setting. Maybe it's all in my head, but the sound still feels like it may be missing punch or something. Perhaps I'm having too high of expectations lol.

I'm concerned if I get new headphones to use with my phone, that the s5 will be to low in power.

EDIT:

Just tried the adapt sound setting and it makes a difference! The sound is louder now through the music app (not sure if it's as loud and punchy as an HTC m8 or my old HTC Rezound, but it's still louder than the default S5 sound in the music app). Now I'm wondering if there's a way to get the adapt sound feature to work with Spotify and music streaming on youtube and in other places online. I found a way to get soundalive eq (and musicfx eq) to work with spotify as spotify gives you the option to select "audio effects" in the settings menu.

Last edited: