Does Anybody Actually Use The Figerprint Security Feature?

Do Use The Fingerprint Scanner Feature?

• Total voters

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I mean after the first time "gee whiz" stage I found it was virtually completely unusable. Deleted the saved fingerprints and have just been using no security (i.e. a swipe) to unlock the phone.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't keep my phone locked on a regular basis because it's always glued to me, but when I travel I always lock it and with my 5s I always used the fingerprint sensor so I'll probably do the same with the S5. I've tried it out and I haven't found it to be at all unusable. I've had to re-swipe my finger only once in all my testing.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I used it for a little while after I first got the phone. It worked really well for the most part but I gave it up eventually. It wasn't an issue with the fingerprint scanner specifically, I just don't use any security because I like to get into my phone more quickly. As someone else said, my phone is on my person 97% of the time anyway.

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I use it regularly, as there have been several pushed updates to improve accuracy and precision. Maybe it's just in my head, but it DOES seem to be working better : /

Posted via Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't use it. I tried it but it wasn't consistent so I just gave up. I don't feel the need to lock down my phone anyway. If I ever do, I'll try it or some other locking pin again.

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
When using it, I can't access s voice by double tapping the home button while screen is off :(. This is how it is, correct?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I mean after the first time "gee whiz" stage I found it was virtually completely unusable. Deleted the saved fingerprints and have just been using no security (i.e. a swipe) to unlock the phone.

I tend to agree.... I also do not like the fact that you are required to set up passwords....

I had a bad experience with a password getting changed and the phone erased itself w/o my permission.
Never again.....

for me, the fingerprint is just a gimmick that is way too touchy and unreliable.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
First, I'm not really concerned about Security.

Second, if it performed like Apple's TouchID meaning 99% of the time I would use it because it's seamless.

It's not like I tried it once and completely gave up, I tried it again and again (6-7 times) but I don't have to time to deal with 60% success rate.

As much as I love my S5, I'm straight up when family & friends ask how's the Fingerprint Scanner.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I couldn't get it to work properly so I gave up on it. It's a bit annoying especially when u have to input your back up password all the time. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have my password saved in My Shortcuts so it wasn't an issue but like you said it defeats the purpose.

I was Apple Store the other day and that's the first thing they ask about it. I didn't sugar coat it, I said it's ****!! LOL

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I used it for about three days then I took it off. It worked fine.i'm just lazy and got tired of doing it. Lol

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the fingerprint feature since I got it and I still use it till this day. I actually love it, and never fails on me. Works for me 100% of the time.