Wake button too easy to hit

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually have the S5 Active model, but I'll bet others have the same issue. The wake button is too easy to hit inadvertently. Is there a way to adjust this so for example one would have to hold down the power button for 1 second before the phone would wake?

I'd prefer not to root the phone, but something tells me that there is no way to adjust this without a root. I'm not even sure if there is a root for my model since it is so new and a AT&T exclusive model.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I actually have the S5 Active model, but I'll bet others have the same issue. The wake button is too easy to hit inadvertently. Is there a way to adjust this so for example one would have to hold down the power button for 1 second before the phone would wake?

I'd prefer not to root the phone, but something tells me that there is no way to adjust this without a root. I'm not even sure if there is a root for my model since it is so new and a AT&T exclusive model.
I would agree that you will need root to make that adjustment. Even then, I'm not sure that you can set a time limit to hold down and power on.

Is this an issue where the phone is in your pocket and turning on? Or whenever you grab a hold of it?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh, all you have to do is just touch the home key, and it wakes up.

Too fast IMO, I looked this morning for a way to disable it.

I have my lock screen set to Pattern Draw to prevent it from doing things I don't want.
Also, have all of the Emergency numbers blanked out so 911 won't be activated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34