Have to manually connect to my home Wifi all of a sudden

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
For two months or more when I walk into my loft my s5 automatically connected to my Wifi. The last week or so I have to manually connect. Why? I haven't made any changes, deleted or installed any apps etc.

Posted via Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
For two months or more when I walk into my loft my s5 automatically connected to my Wifi. The last week or so I have to manually connect. Why? I haven't made any changes, deleted or installed any apps etc.

Posted via Android Central App

Have you tried telling it to forget your wifi network and setting your connection up fresh?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
It happens to my Note 3 at random times, it did it today. Most times, no problem.

Stock and locked 4.4.2

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue only on a few occasions. We had a few strong storms go by this week and I had to reset my S5 manually. It's worth a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
neither my 'S' or my 'S5' phones have ever had any problems with my home WiFi.

The 'S' phone is 3 years old and works as good today as when new.

I have my Wifi on a clear channel 6 and away from the rest of the world, and I have it locked. No guests borrowing air time.

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happens to me. I'll be at home and notice it's using the mobile network and I'll go to my notification tray to see that the Wifi is turned off. Must be some sort of bug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1