Dropped phone

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Last night I dropped the phone from waist height onto the tile. Thankfully no broken parts, but the top half of the screen was glitchy the drop down menu was jumping back and forth a few millimeters. I cured it with a battery pull and has been good since then. But I was wondering if anyone has run across this?

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If it has been OK since then I would agree with Golfdriver that you dodged a bullet. I'm thinking that you may have separated the digitizer from the LCD and when you pulled the battery and replaced the back you may have just pushed it all back together again and everything will be fine. The adhesive will likely heal its self and you won't ever see a problem again, provided it's not dropped again.

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped mine from ear height twice. I don't know if I should write a thank you letter to Spigen or I'm just lucky, but no damage besides a few paint chips in the case.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Last night I dropped the phone from waist height onto the tile. Thankfully no broken parts, but the top half of the screen was glitchy the drop down menu was jumping back and forth a few millimeters. I cured it with a battery pull and has been good since then. But I was wondering if anyone has run across this?

Posted via Android Central App

Get insurance for your phone!!!!! Square trade will insure your phone for $5 per month...regardless of how long you have had it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fatt-samsung-galaxy-warranty&token=QSWeC8kD

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It happened to me a 3-4 years ago back with my hTc EVO 3D, no case not even a screen protector. I dropped on gravelled road from chest height and I couldn't believe NOT A SINGLE dent, mark or scratch on it.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
And that is why I purchased an OtterBox Defender case for my S5 plus insurance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae