Which Lock Screen Do You Use?

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Stock? Other?
I'm using stock right now but it irritates me that I can't have the sound icon thingy.

Anyone know of a cool one, that is not that Fire Flies one? Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I too am using the stock lock screen. What is the " sound icon thingy" you are referring to? Enjoy the day.!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Stock? Other?
I'm using stock right now but it irritates me that I can't have the sound icon thingy.

Anyone know of a cool one, that is not that Fire Flies one? Lol

I've searched around but every lock screen app I can find makes the phone look childish and cheap. There probably are some good ones out there mind you

Sent from my Galaxy S5

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I too am using the stock lock screen. What is the " sound icon thingy" you are referring to? Enjoy the day.!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Jmagid, for times when you meant to turn it off or mute it (e.g., in a meeting) & need to quickly silence it.

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Scaner, does it allow you to add the volume to it? The fact that the stock one doesn't have it completely baffles me. It seems intuitive that the volume would have been an automatic option. It's aggravating to have to unlock my screen to adjust.

I know there is a way via the power button, but dang. Lol

Maybe it's just me.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The only one I know of is made by the people who make Nova Launcher, and it's boring. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...teslacoilsw.widgetlocker&hl=en&token=IIENiEFh

so...bump.

Widget Locker is good but it's glitchy as hell. I bought it and used it for a while on my S4 and deleted it after about a week. It's way too inconsistent for my liking. It's not intuitive at all either. It could be great but it needs a lot of work. I tried it again a few weeks ago when I got my S5 and it hasn't changed. A lot of time, it will still show the stock lock screen and then flashes to the widget locker screen. Unacceptable for me. So if you're thinking about buying it, be warned.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
"C Locker" is quite good, has a nice circular icon interface, you need the PRO/pay version for the sound options though and i think it only assigns volume up and down to icons. It does pretty much everything else though. Its a shame you cant change its icons on the lock screen, otherwise its pretty cool.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
"C Locker" is quite good, has a nice circular icon interface, you need the PRO/pay version for the sound options though and i think it only assigns volume up and down to icons. It does pretty much everything else though. Its a shame you cant change its icons on the lock screen, otherwise its pretty cool.

What launcher are you using? I tried it out and found it to be a little glitchy and I also don't like the circular lock style. Honestly, I just want the stock S4 lockscreen back. I had a handful of applications on the bottom that I could swipe up on to open and I really just like the swipe anywhere on the screen unlock method. I've been thinking about rooting just to get this feature back. I'm still a bit perplexed as to why they got rid of the lockscreen widgets on the S5.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Nova Prime, its only glitchy if you don't turn off some of the S5 options that conflict with it like the fingerprint scanner and let it take control.

To be honest i played with it then stopped as it was too much hassle to setup ;)

But you can swipe to unlock on the S5 on the stock lock screen. Not a good idea though as there's no security with that option.

They probably did away with the S3/4 options to conserve a bit more battery. I agree though i miss it too.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Nova Prime, its only glitchy if you don't turn off some of the S5 options that conflict with it like the fingerprint scanner and let it take control.

To be honest i played with it then stopped as it was too much hassle to setup ;)

But you can swipe to unlock on the S5 on the stock lock screen. Not a good idea though as there's no security with that option.

They probably did away with the S3/4 options to conserve a bit more battery. I agree though i miss it too.

I wasn't using the finger print scanner with C Locker when I tried it. I too am using Nova Prime.

I love all the options in Nova and spent a long time setting it up the way I like it. The settings are vast but once you know your way around it, it's totally worth it IMO.

Yes, I have it set to swipe unlock (I was talking about lock screen quick apps and widgets). I don't really care about security. If for some odd reason I lose my phone, I will erase all data and lock it with Mobile Locate.

I don't think they got rid of it to conserve battery. I think it must have something to do with the finger print unlock option. Either way, it was a horrible idea to take that feature away. I couldn't believe it when I found out. The main thing I liked it for was having quick access to the calculator but I've found a few work arounds so it's not cramping my style too much.

trickym81

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock screen because I use the finger scanner to unlock and I don't think other lockscreens can use it.
I use NiLS for lockscreen notifications. It works perfectly for me.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

C Locker will do everything you need plus the circular icons are optional as you can change it to a couple of other shapes, plus, yes, the defaul icons are fugly but they do can be changed to the phone default ones, you just go to the Apps Shortcut Profiles, click on any of the action/icon and it will allow you to select an app, there you select the phone ones and you're done. Plus then you go to the settings and select your security options while allow to control your notifications without needing to unlock the phone first.

Something like this lockscreen and icons:

Screenshot_2014-05-10-09-41-31.png

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I use the stock screen because I use the finger scanner to unlock and I don't think other lockscreens can use it.
I use NiLS for lockscreen notifications. It works perfectly for me.

Like I mentioned above C Locker will do what most of you are looking for, basically the only app I've paid for since a couple of years.