Note 3 to a S5?

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and absolutely love this phone. Problem is that it's just a little bit too big.

Would love to hear from anyone that went from the Note to a S5!

Pros and cons.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I switched recently. After using the Note 3 for several months and now the S5, I have a bigger appreciation for a LIGHTER device, especially when in my pocket. Furthermore, I actually like the new and improved Touch Wiz, especially the new ability to have a text message come onto the screen on top of whatever you are doing. Granted, this will be on the new Note 4, but by no means is a 5.1 inch screen small and in fact, compared side by side against an S4, the S5's screen size seems pretty large. Therefore, with the lightness and pretty big screen, the S5 is more efficient and compact to carry around ALL DAY, IMO. The S5 definitely gets all of the jobs done that the Note 3 does, but in a lighter form factor. Again, to each his own, but physical weight to me is a big issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I think you will do just fine. My wife had the note and now uses the s5 and she loves it. Note in my opinion is great for watching videos and browsing but as a power driver the s series takes the cake

Sent from my Galaxy S5

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I made that transition for the same reason. The note 3 is a bit too big for my taste plus I never use the s pen even though it's good to have it just in case. But overall I prefer the S series over the note.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The S5 is just about the largest form factor that will still slip into a shirt pocket.

I'm extremely pleased. I originally wanted the Note 3 for taking free hand notes on the go... but I don't miss that at all.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep, my wife had the Note 3 (well, still does) and was a bit apprehensive of making the switch to the S5, But after a day of the S5, she was glad she did. She enjoyed the features of the N3, but found it was a tad to big for her line of work. I'd sure give it a shot.

diamondRanch

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and absolutely love this phone. Problem is that it's just a little bit too big.

Would love to hear from anyone that went from the Note to a S5!

Pros and cons.

Thanks!

I have both. I'm on Sprint and the only thing I miss on the S5 is 4g calling. On S5 you can only call while on WiFi and still use the web.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I have both. I'm on Sprint and the only thing I miss on the S5 is 4g calling. On S5 you can only call while on WiFi and still use the web.

I think that's because you're on sprint. I have a t-mobile version and can surf while I'm on a call. And I know att and Verizon can do the same.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I jumped from my note 3 to my s5, the s5 is just as powerful and it doesn't annoy me when it's in my pocket.

Loved my note but glad I made the switch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've owned every model Note 1, 2 and 3,,,,,and also I think all the S models.

Never had a problem with my switches aside from a few days to get used to the smaller screen size,,,, a few days ago I got rid of my Note 3 and went to the S5 and no regrets at all.

Love my S5 and might get the Note 4 when that comes out (I switch phones a lot).

On a side note there is an Play Store app called "Smart Switch Mobile",,, it takes ALL your info from and transfers it from one phone to another,,,, pictures, videos, contacts, settings and everything!!!,,,,the app is amazing !!!

Load the app on your Note 3 first, go to your carrier and load it on the the S5 your getting, set the two phones next to each other and select send and receive on the phones,,, in a few minutes everything is transferred to your new device,,,,, GREAT app for phone switching !!!!!

Cheers
Davyo

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I love watching Videos which is one of the reasons why I love the Note series but now that all flagships are hitting 5"+ mark there's really no need for it.

I know it will never happened but I actually want Samsung to make the Note 5.5" again and just reduce the Bezels like what LG did with the G3. Sure I don't use the S-Pen a lot but it's still a handy tool.

Pro S5