Will Samsung update Galaxy S5 to Android L before or after HTC updates the One M8?

RavenNull

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Depends on which carrier you are on also. Even if the phone is capable of running it ,the carriers take their dear sweet time adding there crap to it first before we get it .

How is Sprint with speedy updates? Also how will samsung handle the new design of android L? The toggles in the notification tray won't match as well as the notifications in the lock screen and the task switching. Plus updating their stock apps. I have a feeling this update will take a while for the GS5 :(

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
How is Sprint with speedy updates? Also how will samsung handle the new design of android L? The toggles in the notification tray won't match as well as the notifications in the lock screen and the task switching. Plus updating their stock apps. I have a feeling this update will take a while for the GS5 :(

When I had a GS3 Sprint was first with KitKat, so I'm hoping they are First with L too, not that that really says when.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Sorry couldn't tell ya. I'm on Verizon . Verizon is slowwwwwwwwwwww to update .

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Will Samsung update Galaxy S5 to Android L before or after HTC updates the One M8?
(HTC promised update within 90 days after Android L is release to them)

Come to think of it, is the Galaxy S5 even capable?

Is the S5 capable? Pleeeaaassseee... if the M8 can do it... the S5 can do it BETTER!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
S4's went from JB to KK back in May. And, I think the update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3 is going on now.

So, I think we can ascertain from this that their update interval is at least slightly more frequent than never.

mjc

julianrey675

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
"L"? is this in line with Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, ICS, KK? If so, what's the current predicted name?
Apparently its supposed to be named lolipop lol and yes its android 5.0 and its not just a couple minor changes. Android l is finally bringing the polished look to android with its 60 fps animations and better notifications. It also has the ART runtime set as default. (Look it up it has high expectations) bottom line android l is the biggest update since jellybean and carriers would be idiots if they dont approve

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a stock handset (no carrier branding) but my carrier/network is Vodafone (UK). Does anyone know if your network makes any difference to updates when you have a stock handset? I got the recent ANG2 update seemingly before most others on the forum so just wanted to see if there was a difference

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
If all android now have 4.4.4 except samsung s5 so I assume samsung s5 will get L update after all devices

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax