Galaxy S5 and corporate mail

couldfall

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have problem configuring stock mail app to be used with our company MS Exch. server. Everything goes well at start but after few hours notification pops up "Sign in failed, password has been changed". Password has not been changed and when you press refresh it syncs ok. And again after few hours same error. This is happening for the first time. It perfectly works on LG Nexus 4 with Andr. 4.4.4, Samsung Galaxy S3 and various other versions of Android and different manufacturers. It`s happenig only on Galaxy S5 with latest updates and all. What to do? Tnx in advance.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have problem configuring stock mail app to be used with our company MS Exch. server. Everything goes well at start but after few hours notification pops up "Sign in failed, password has been changed". Password has not been changed and when you press refresh it syncs ok. And again after few hours same error. This is happening for the first time. It perfectly works on LG Nexus 4 with Andr. 4.4.4, Samsung Galaxy S3 and various other versions of Android and different manufacturers. It`s happenig only on Galaxy S5 with latest updates and all. What to do? Tnx in advance.

Well, what you can do is remove the account which is currently configured over your device and then again add the same account you are experiencing problem with ! Check and see if that solves your problem or not !!

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I already tried that. Is it maybe the thing about MS Exch. 2007? Is it to old version for Android 4.4.2?

Exchange email got buggy with the switch from Jelly Bean to Kit Kat 4.4. For the most part it got fixed for most users with the updates to 4.4.2. I use exchange and did not experience any issues with 4.4 and still don't with 4.4.2, that's with Exchange 2010, but I really don't think the version of Exchange matters. If this is the only email account you have in the stock email app, I would suggest that you delete the account again. Then go to Settings > Application manager > swipe over to "All" > scroll down to the Email app and select it > then Clear cache and Data, then re-add your email account. See if that corrects your issue. If not, it may be some credentials issue with your Exchange setup and stock Kit Kat email apps. As an alternative I have used the email app Mail Wise https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.syntomo.email&hl=en&token=srhKdc_H in the past and it is a quite nice mail app that works fine with Exchange.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I have is that if I reply to or forward a message from the phone it doesn't update in Outlook. My other Android phones did.

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
The only problem that I have with Exchange is that my accounts are not syncing with the server. If I read an email on my computer and mark it as read, it does not mark it on my phone as read, and vice versus. Other than that, all my accounts went on my phone without an issue.