Copy DVD movie to microSD?

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to put a DVD movie onto the microSD card? I feel stupid for asking this question, I should know this.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Once you've converted it on your computer, transfer to the phones card via USB cable.

Posted via Android Central App

iphone5s

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to put a DVD movie onto the microSD card? I feel stupid for asking this question, I should know this.

Step 1 Install ISO to AVI converter application for Mac or Windows, like HANDBRAKE.
Step 2 Insert DVD or open ISO file in converter application.
Step 3 set up converter application to save completed [converted] file in preferred format, and set destination for the completed file, like the DESKTOP.
Step 4 copy saved movie file to SDcard.

DebbieJoy

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Step 1. Import DVD files to the top DVD Ripper for Tablet (HANDBRAKE or PAVTUBE is OK). You can load DVD Discs, DVD folders, ISO files or IFO files respectively.

Step 2. Choose output profile.

Step 3. Click "Convert" button to start converting DVD movies for transferring.

Get converted files on computer and transfer to the microSD card via USB cable.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

Use the File manager to move it from your phone to the SDCard or Kies if you are moving the movie from your PC to your phone's SD Card.

As in the above posts you need to convert the DVD into a readable file format first if you haven't done so already.

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Download VLC Player and Airdroid... Open Airdroid in your browser desktop, hold your camera to it and tada.. acces inside your phone, upload the dvd movie to SD card / VLC player and Sync.. ;)

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Download VLC Player and Airdroid... Open Airdroid in your browser desktop, hold your camera to it and tada.. acces inside your phone, upload the dvd movie to SD card / VLC player and Sync.. ;)

Except you can't upload files to the SDCard with Airdroid due to the kitkat restriction.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
No you can't, not to the external sd card unless you are rooted and have a card fix loaded in kitkat 4.4.2 onwards

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
No you can't, not to the external sd card unless you are rooted and have a card fix loaded in kitkat 4.4.2 onwards

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You can't move apps to the SD card however you can store music, videos abs files on the SD card. I do this on my own S5 and Galaxy tab pro 10.1 which run kit kat. Neither are routed. The SD card is not completely useless. In fact the only thing I cant do is store app data to the SD card. Some apps can be moved but it's pointless as app data doesn't move across.

Posted from my S5

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
You can't move apps to the SD card however you can store music, videos abs files on the SD card. I do this on my own S5 and Galaxy tab pro 10.1 which run kit kat. Neither are routed. The SD card is not completely useless. In fact the only thing I cant do is store app data to the SD card. Some apps can be moved but it's pointless as app data doesn't move across.

Posted from my S5

mmm well i cant copy anything to the SD card using Airdroid, i have to copy it to the phone then use the file manager to move it to the SD card afterwards. I cant see how it would differentiate between filetypes, it either works or it doesnt.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
mmm well i cant copy anything to the SD card using Airdroid, i have to copy it to the phone then use the file manager to move it to the SD card afterwards. I cant see how it would differentiate between filetypes, it either works or it doesnt.

That's odd. I can put things straight onto the SD card, without storing on the phone first. However I do know what things can differ. For example on my phone if I want to delete a video file from the SD card I have to use the file manager. On my tab pro which runs the exact same version of kit kat I can delete the file directly in the player pro app. It's all a bit inconsistent.

Can you download movies and TV shows purchased from the play store directly to your SD card or do you have to download it to the phone first and then transfer it across?

Posted from my S5

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
That's odd. I can put things straight onto the SD card, without storing on the phone first. However I do know what things can differ. For example on my phone if I want to delete a video file from the SD card I have to use the file manager. On my tab pro which runs the exact same version of kit kat I can delete the file directly in the player pro app. It's all a bit inconsistent.

Can you download movies and TV shows purchased from the play store directly to your SD card or do you have to download it to the phone first and then transfer it across?

Posted from my S5

Dunno, i've never bought a movie/album from the play store before ;)

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
You can't move apps to the SD card however...

You can if the app supports being stored on the SD card, same with app data. It's all up to the developers to support that feature. It's not a restriction set forth by Google.

mmm well i cant copy anything to the SD card using Airdroid

Not when your phone is hooked up to your PC through a USB connection, Google took away file structure browsing via a USB connection. You have to use a file manager, Samsung includes one with the Galaxy S5. Then you can copy, paste, move, and delete files on the SD card or even on the phone's internal storage. Content downloaded from the Google Play store (like movies and music) can all be stored on an SD card without issues. You just have to setup the Google Music app to store content on the SD card. You have to change the location to the SD card when downloading a movie as well.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Not when your phone is hooked up to your PC through a USB connection, Google took away file structure browsing via a USB connection. You have to use a file manager, Samsung includes one with the Galaxy S5. Then you can copy, paste, move, and delete files on the SD card or even on the phone's internal storage. Content downloaded from the Google Play store (like movies and music) can all be stored on an SD card without issues. You just have to setup the Google Music app to store content on the SD card. You have to change the location to the SD card when downloading a movie as well.

??? I can copy files to the SDCard over USB just fine using Win7. I cannot do that using AIRDROID, over wifi, i have to copy the files to the phone instead, then move them to the SDCard with the file manager on the phone.

As you say this is a restriction of the application. Developers cannot code their apps to save to the SDCard because you need root access! Most people dont root, therefore they dont develop for it or they will specifically say you will need root access to use our app.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
??? I can copy files to the SDCard over USB just fine using Win7. I cannot do that using AIRDROID, over wifi, i have to copy the files to the phone instead, then move them to the SDCard with the file manager on the phone.

Not using the traditional file tree structure. It sees your phone as a media device so you are stuck "syncing" media over to specific folders, not just any folder. I was initially mistaken though, I thought you said Android and not Airdroid.

As you say this is a restriction of the application. Developers cannot code their apps to save to the SDCard because you need root access! Most people dont root, therefore they dont develop for it or they will specifically say you will need root access to use our app.

Yes they can, apps can save to the SD card all they want. It's whether or not the developers program it this way is another issue. I have all sorts of apps on my phone (which isn't rooted) that can read and write content/files to the SD card. There's tons of them out there that all work with Android 4.4 as-is.