Copy DVD movie to microSD?

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Not using the traditional file tree structure. It sees your phone as a media device so you are stuck "syncing" media over to specific folders, not just any folder. I was initially mistaken though, I thought you said Android and not Airdroid.

Ah ok yes agreed.

Yes they can, apps can save to the SD card all they want. It's whether or not the developers program it this way is another issue. I have all sorts of apps on my phone (which isn't rooted) that can read and write content/files to the SD card. There's tons of them out there that all work with Android 4.4 as-is.

Well you say some apps can do it, but i'm yet to find one that used to work under Jellybean and was able to save to the external SD card (quickpic is a good example) which now works under Kitkat, so have you got another example that works on an unrooted device?

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Not with Jellybean but that never came pre-installed on the Galaxy S5, it only ever came with KitKat (4.4.2 is the lowest). The built-in Samsung camera app can save to the SD card, the Google camera app can save content to the SD card, Google Play Music can save to the SD card, the Google Play Movies can be saved to an SD card, I can copy files to and from my SD card using OneDrive, the YouTube downloader app I have can save directly to the SD card, every photo editing app I have can access photos on the SD card and save them there, and I can keep going on and on. Then I have a slew of apps that can actually be moved to the SD card too (American Airlines, eBay, Fly Delta, Google Goggles, Google Sky Map, Groupon, Handy Photo, Imgur, LocalCast, Netflix, Pandora, Papa John's, Perfectly Clear, and far too many others to list).

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes i know if you read what i said i was making a comparison of one app when it used to work on Jellybean compared to it not working now under Kitkat.

Answer me this, for apps that used to work, again i'll use Quickpic as an example, how come the developers haven't updated them so that they can save to the SD Card under Kitkat?

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Answer me this, for apps that used to work, again i'll use Quickpic as an example, how come the developers haven't updated them so that they can save to the SD Card under Kitkat?

I swear, I'm not trying to sound sarcastic here so please don't take this negatively. To answer your question: I don't know, I'm not a developer. A lot of apps have been updated to fully support KitKat and we will likely see another round of updates once Android 5.0 becomes more common (plus apps will probably be adopting the flatter design of 5.0). I'm not sure what is wrong with the developers behind Quickpic but you should contact them to see when or even if their app will be updated. It's all dependent on the developers when it comes to features that they want to support along with updating with each release of Android. I wish there was an answer but there really isn't, not unless a developer of that app (or any app for that matter) steps in and makes a comment about updating features in apps.

It seems like a bunch of developers haven't updated their apps for full 4.4.4 compatibility. Poweramp is one of them as it is extremely buggy under 4.4.4 but was fine with 4.4.3. Why aren't they pushing out an update to fix their multiple issues? I'm not sure.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I swear, I'm not trying to sound sarcastic here so please don't take this negatively. To answer your question: I don't know, I'm not a developer. A lot of apps have been updated to fully support KitKat and we will likely see another round of updates once Android 5.0 becomes more common (plus apps will probably be adopting the flatter design of 5.0). I'm not sure what is wrong with the developers behind Quickpic but you should contact them to see when or even if their app will be updated. It's all dependent on the developers when it comes to features that they want to support along with updating with each release of Android. I wish there was an answer but there really isn't, not unless a developer of that app (or any app for that matter) steps in and makes a comment about updating features in apps.

It seems like a bunch of developers haven't updated their apps for full 4.4.4 compatibility. Poweramp is one of them as it is extremely buggy under 4.4.4 but was fine with 4.4.3. Why aren't they pushing out an update to fix their multiple issues? I'm not sure.

No not at all, i hear what you're saying but in Airdroid for example if you navigate to the SD Card it pops up with a specific message saying some functionality will be limited due to the Kitkat 4.4.2 restrictions, i.e. You can't save to it. To me this is saying its more a case that the developers can't do anything about it rather than why they haven't updated it to work. I mean why wouldn't they update it to work, it would be in their benefit to do so.

HFL

May 6, 2014
Visit site
ok let the master tell you ;)

Frist get:
1.Video Converter Ultimate , or software likely the same
  • Pick in the list File to : Avi/MP4/MPEG/MPG2
  • Use Wirless Softwares as Airdroid if u got wifi Or Usb Cable
  • Download it Directly to Internal Memory (cuz kitkat)
  • then you the stock Manager to move it to SD.

if that dosnt work right!
2. after you did that all!!!! . download BsPlayer /Vlc Player ONLY IF U INSIST USE SAME ORIGINAL FILE like: MKV

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I mean why wouldn't they update it to work, it would be in their benefit to do so.

It might be a restriction in the way AirDroid worked. I know KitKat reduced what you could do through a USB connection, maybe AirDroid used a similar protocol so that was nixed. However, I don't know why that wouldn't work when there are thousands of other apps that can save content to an SD card in KitKat.

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
If you have the GS5 with 4.4.4 update you can't put it on your external sd, if you have the 4.4.2 firm, you can.