Question about the gallery

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
In my previous Samsung phones, I had the option to set a certain picture as a favorite that way I wouldn't have to search through thousands of pictures (& yes I have that many pictures). I don't see that option on the S5. Any ideas? I tried QuickPick....didn't care for it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In my previous Samsung phones, I had the option to set a certain picture as a favorite that way I wouldn't have to search through thousands of pictures (& yes I have that many pictures). I don't see that option on the S5. Any ideas? I tried QuickPick....didn't care for it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Why not just tag the photos you want as favorites. Select the photo you want to mark as a favorite, hit settings, edit, more info and tag it "favorite". Then to view all the pictures you have marked as favorite, open gallery, hit the search and select the tag - favorite

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Question about the gallery. Its so irritating that this feature is missing

The tag doesn't stay

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

The tag doesn't stay

Check in Settings > Gallery > Tag buddy - make sure that you have the tag feature turned on with the on/off slider and Tags is checked

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Check in Settings > Gallery > Tag buddy - make sure that you have the tag feature turned on with the on/off slider and Tags is checked

Thanks i made sure and it still didn't work. Its ok. I just made a favorites folder. It was just easier to just mark one as favorite in previous phones. Thanks anyways for the help 😊