Best battery saving app?

woahohkelsey

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I've tried Battery Doctor and Juice Defender, and wanted to see what other people felt was the best/top few to try. I'm a pretty heavy texter so it'd be nice to save some battery.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've tried Battery Doctor and Juice Defender, and wanted to see what other people felt was the best/top few to try. I'm a pretty heavy texter so it'd be nice to save some battery.

In addition to those, I tried out Green Power...

With both Juice Defender and Green Power, those apps want to turn on/off things automatically.

for me, that is a no-no and I won't allow it.

I went back to my first love, Battery Doctor and have stayed with it since.

I have it configured to terminate everything except the GPS and Go SMS Pro and Alarm Clock Plus. The phone still makes/takes calls and text msgs work fine.

See the screenshot.

I use the BD switcher widget screen to turn OFF everything when I put the phone to sleep.

Attachments

• BD config.jpg
    BD config.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 104

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, AZi has had very good success with Battery Doctor. I favor Green Power and find it takes care of everything I need it to. Bottom line, try both for a day or two each and see what works better for you. Both are free so you really don't have much to lose.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, AZ has had very good success with Battery Doctor. I favor Green Power and find it takes care of everything I need it to. Bottom line, try both for a day or two each and see what works better for you. Both are free so you really don't have much to lose.

PsychDoc and I have done a lot of work with these apps.

They each have their own Good Features, and the one that is best for you, will be the one that lets you get the best service from your phone.

I am a Control Freak if you will, and I am retired from the busy hustle of everyday work life.
hardhat.gif.pagespeed.ce.I3bqen8q35.gif

I do NOT want any instant notifications that someone has posted something on a forum or Facebook or other trivial event.
bowing.gif.pagespeed.ce.W64KDFfWFL.gif

So, I stay with Battery Doctor and force every thing to OFF.
bash2.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q0sluKAXAm.gif

No DATA, no WiFi, no Sync, no Bluetooth... for me, the world can just hang on and wait until I get around to looking to see if it survived. Pun intended....
ROFL.gif.pagespeed.ce.uQ-xVOmh9m.gif

If you have a need for being "in touch" then you will need to leave DATA on, but that is not for me anymore. 45 years of being a slave in the telecommunications industry to heavy two-way radios, then pagers when they arrived on the scene, then cellphones when those arrived on the scene. I have seen it all, and don't want any part of it now.
readit.gif.pagespeed.ce.M4AZLzHPap.gif

I well remember the very first Motorola portable cellphone.
eyeball.gif.pagespeed.ce.qre5ggqxzB.gif
eyeball.gif.pagespeed.ce.qre5ggqxzB.gif

A big 10 pound heavy lunch box with a handle on top of it with a real live telephone handset "with a cord" you had to pull from the handle. Then a year later it was integrated into a car console. OMG, now we have Car Phones that connect to the horn and wake up the neighbors all hours of the night when I get a Call Out that a Microwave Station has gone down... nope, I am out.
dance.gif.pagespeed.ce.6IuEbheaLj.gif

but I digress, just wanted to put a funny touch on why different apps are "great for you" but not "for me".
3sum.gif.pagespeed.ce.N5iSzMyzeh.gif

there is no such thing as the "perfect app", we all need a slightly different approach to life.
goofygrin.gif.pagespeed.ce.Gl13BOEwAG.gif

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I do not understand why people get a phone like the S5, just to turn everything off. Why not just go get a Nokia 3210?

Posted via Android Central App

dash_blaze

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe any of those battery saver apps work.
Here is what you can do -
Turn off Background data sync+auto sync+GPS+Mobile data. Use WiFi instead of Mobile data, you can also optimise wifi to save battery (check under wifi settings/advanced/wifi optimisation) Stay away from the camera app and don't play games or videos . Close all apps running in the background. Don't use widgets. Take the phone off of vibrate mode. In area where you get zero reception, put the phone on airplane mode so that the phone doesn't scan for networks when you know there is no reception.
This is what most battery saving apps do anyway. So what I'm trying to say is use your phone only to make a few important calls 😁
This works me. These are extreme ways to save battery, Use a combination of a few.

Also battery apps and apps like Clean Master from time to time kill apps and services that run in the background and save some battery. While this does make your phone smoother, the apps and services may restart again in the background. By doing so, it takes away some battery juice. Vicious cycle I tells ya My advice, stay away from them battery apps at least

Last edited:

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I do not understand why people get a phone like the S5, just to turn everything off. Why not just go get a Nokia 3210?

Posted via Android Central App

I agree with you. They do the same with the Note 4 as well. These are the same people who say that there device is the best cause it does everything but, when asked to show you they say wait I have to turn all my features back on, lol!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukho