OK Google from any screen, even lock

Jason Eaton

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying to find a way to use voice commands from lock screen. Obviously s voice doesn't work. Google is rolling out an update to allow ok Google from any screen. I found a link to download it and will post at the end. Unfortunately the lock screen timeout makes it almost useless because it doesn't actually unlock it and it times out. I found a way around that until they fix it. Wake up phone (apparently only time that isn't necessary is on charger) I use the air wake. Say ok Google, then immediately tell it to open s voice. The screen just starts to turn off as s voice opens. Now tell s voice to open Google. [APK Download] Google Search v3.5.14 Brings 'OK Google' Hotword Detection To Any Screen, Even The Lockscreen And Display Turned Off

mandar_h

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I never received the 3.5.14 update. Directly received 3.5.15 today. And don't see these options in there.

Posted via Android Central App

Jason Eaton

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
That's because Google isn't rolling it out with that function unlocked to everyone yet. Even if you have the current version. You have to manually install the updated version that's already unlocked. I had the latest too. Probably to give them a chance to fix the bugs. Like not having the permissions to disable the lock screen. It will open from lock screen but will time out and lock again shortly unless you have it open an app that does. Like s voice. Which only functions properly when in the app. So I say ok Google, have it open s voice, then tell s voice to open Google.

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Nothing works on the S5 unless the Lockscreen has been unlocked.

That includes Kies 3.0 and SideSync 3.0

Both give a warning that the phone is locked (from the PC)