Holy Moly! "You can write on it with a Pencil"

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Holy Moly! "You can write on it with a Pencil"

I probably will.I tried my s pen and found it didn't work, I wonder why.

- - - Updated - - -

I probably will.I tried my s pen and found it didn't work, I wonder why.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The S-Pen is a Wacom based technology which means the device you plan to use it with needs to have an active digitizer in the screen. The S5 doesn't have the Wacom technology in the screen thus the S-Pen doesn't work.

I believe there is another stylus made by Samsung called the C-pen which worked with the S3.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, the S-Pen won't work on non-Wacom phones like the S5. But it will work on Wacom-enabled ones like the Note 3 and even the Surface!

But if you really like using a stylus, then why don't just get a Note 3? The difference in size with the S5 is not that much by today's standards hehe.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup, the S-Pen won't work on non-Wacom phones like the S5. But it will work on Wacom-enabled ones like the Note 3 and even the Surface!

But if you really like using a stylus, then why don't just get a Note 3? The difference in size with the S5 is not that much by today's standards hehe.

Well first I have only had the phone not even 2 months. I have a 2 year contract to fullfill. Second, it's not that big of a deal. I DO like the stylus idea and use it all the time on my GN/2014 but it's certainly not a deal breaker for my S5 :D Just thought it was pretty cool that you could do that :)

DacyJ

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
How did they get the s finder and quick connect down on the screen like that?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-01-13-33-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-01-13-33-39.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 68

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Toolbox app.

As for the SPen I spoke with an AT&T rep and verified only the phones that come with SPens have digitizers that are compatible with the signal of the SPen (I guess that's how they promote the Note). The stylus also pulls power from the phone wirelessly and only those phones have the chip that allows it. So it looks like the rest of us are left with just a regular stylus. What you guys said about the technology is correct.

Boom! From My S5

DickRilloa

Banned
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

The bigger the better. As long as it fits in my pocket and doesn't weigh a ton.

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've tried a few stylus and never liked the feeling of the rubbery tip, bit the bullet and purchased a "adonit - JotPro" excellent pen.

DickRilloa

Banned
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
What's that got to do with the price of rice?
My question was what the difference is between S and C pens on the one hand, and the "adonit - JotPro" on the other. And where you can get that "adonit - JotPro".
My question was not where you can get the (S and) C pen(s)!

My mistake... I thought when you asked "where can you get it?" Meant "where" can you get it?.....
Try Google they have a great search engine...

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Let me try to explain this:

The S-Pen is a Wacom based pen which means the device it is used with needs to have an active digitizer in order to detect the pen. The benefits of this are of course a high degree of accuracy and pressure sensitivity.

The C-Pen is a basic capactive stylus, it basically transfers the electric pulses from your finger into the stylus and thus allows the screen to recognize the stylus. It offers no pressure sensitivity and accuracy is quite low as its a crude impersonation of a finger tip.

The Adonit stylus is one I have the leaat experience with and knowledge about but from my understanding it pairs using Bluetooth to the specific device and offers a degree of pressure sensitivity but in real use it isn't all its cracked up to be based on user reviews I have read. It is more accurate than the C-Pen though.

In order from best to worst would be: S-Pen, Adonit Jot, C-Pen.

Hopefully that helps, but for drawing and accuracy you can't beat a Wacom or N-Trig based pen.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie