New to Android

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi first time posting and completely new to my galaxy 5S I have a couple of questions, first...I keep getting pop ups things like camera has stopped working, or Samsung has stopped working. Next is can I make my home screen uncluttered, how do I change the layout of the clock and date, I would like to make it part of the background and not a big block.

Thank you for any help, I'm sure I will be spending a lot of time on here.

Michelle

Parham Goudarzi

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. Welcome to android central and Android.
About the messages, these are some software glitches that sometimes happen in Android. They are not important.

Posted via Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome! First with the popup errors, if you haven't changed a lot or added a lot of data, I would do a factory data reset to clear up those glitches. With the reset you would lose any data you may have added as it completely wipes and restores the device. As for the clock and weather widget on your home screen, if it's the stock samsung widget you can tap the lower right near the weather that is displayed. That will open the weather app, once there tap the three dot menu button in the upper right of the screen and open settings. There you will find the transparency adjustment, set it to 100% transparency and it will be clear except for the text and you can also set the refresh rate on the same screen. Any items on the home screen can be moved around on the screen, moved to other screens or removed by pressing and holding, you will then feel a slight feedback and then they can be moved, while doing so you will also see a trash can at the top of the screen, drag them there to remove them.