Which upgrade?

tdhawks

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Looking at either the S5 or HTC M8.

Currently use the EVO LTE, so I have been ready for an upgrade for a while now. My past 3 phones have all been EVO's. I am used to how they operate, yet I am searching for more. Clearly either of these 2 would be a huge upgrade from what I have now.

I am on my phone a lot throughout the day. Not a ton of calls, but more emails, web surfing, texting, and occasional games or music while lifting. The battery is toast on my Evo by 5 pm everyday. Camera's both seem good on these 2 devices, and I am not a professional photographer, so it's not a huge deal breaker for me.

Perhaps I am just wanting to try something different than HTC, which leads me to Samsung. I have never tried a Samsung phone, but hear people complain about the TouchWiz and how it lags their phones (True)?? Then again, everyone complains about something or another.

Do both companies push out updates frequently?

Have any of you tried both and lean one way or another?

Thanks for the feedback.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I currently have both, got the M8 and then after a month got a S5, now I'm going to sell the M8. Both are great phones and you can't go wrong by getting either. They are comparable in many ways, performance in general and battery life. For me the S5 is the better choice. I have not not experienced any lag with my S5. Samsung has a demonstrated history of supporting their devices with updates. HTC is doing a good job of updating theirs now too and being more transparent and public about it now since that was a complaint against them in the past. You mention the cameras. They is no denying the significant difference in image quality between the two, 16megapixel vs 4megapixel is a no brainer. The HTC takes fine pictures but the S5 takes better pictures. The HTC has motion gestures to wake the device and the S5 has IP67 certification for water and dust resistance. The HTC has great speakers and the S5 has a replaceable battery. They both have expandable memory with sd cards, but only the S5 has a native file manager that allows you the ability to handle your files given the restrictions KitKat has imposed. It's a matter of what's important for you and which device will suit your needs better. Personally, I like the S5 better, I like the software better and especially the screen. Even though it's amoled, Samsung did an awesome job with it and this thing is bright. I can see it better in sunlight than the LCD screen of the M8 and even though there is very little difference in actual size, the S5 screen seems much bigger because of no on screen buttons. Do your research and take your pick, you can't go wrong either way, they are both very good, just in slightly different ways.

tdhawks

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
You know I actually have looked at the G3 a little bit. It's been since my freshman year in college I used an LG.

I just feel the longer I keep waiting, there will always be something a little bigger and better that comes out and I will never decide on a phone.

Like with the rumored S5 Prime... Should I wait or not? It's always going to be the same dilemma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995