S5 vs Windows phone features

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Need some help and guidance

I switched from a Windows phone to Android. I have the S5 with ATT. When I used my Bluetooth over the ear in with my windows phone I was able to get notification of who is calling (Answer or Ignore), also with my TEXT I was able to get information like message From then it would ask if I want to reply, or ignore. If I selected reply I could (voice) via the blue tooth tell it my message it would read it back to me then I could say send.
This was all with my Plantronics voyager legend Bluetooth and the windows phone. I was told the S5 could do the same.
The S5 works great I can answer or ignore calls via Bluetooth but I cannot have the phone read me information from the text or an option for me to reply to the text via my bluetooth. I made lots of calls to ATT and to Plantronics and they both point the finger at each other.

Any help would be great.

trickym81

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get notification of who is calling (Answer or Ignore), also with my TEXT I was able to get information like message From then it would ask if I want to reply, or ignore. If I selected reply I could (voice) via the blue tooth tell it my message it would read it back to me then I could say send.

That's the one thing I miss coming from a Windows Phone as well. I've searched for a solution for a while, but I can't seem to find a way to do it the same way that WP did.

For others who haven't used WP, this is how you could set it up to handle texts:

It would read out loud "Message from [person's name]. You can say 'Read It' or 'Ignore.'"
If you said "Read it" it would read the message out loud and then say "You can say 'reply,' 'call' or 'I'm done.'"
If you said "reply," you could say your text out loud and it would send the message.

I've found Android apps that read your text messages out loud, but the ones I've found automatically read the whole message. I don't want that. I want it to tell me who I have a text from and then it can read it out loud if I want it to. Is there any way to do this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol